Airplay to stereo Homepods out of sync

grant.skinner

Picked up a wiim pro recently. Attempting to run audio through line in to a pair of stereo OG HomePods. Issue I’m having is that I am frequently running instances of the left HomePod being slightly off time from the right HomePod

Picked up a wiim pro recently. Attempting to run audio through line in to a pair of stereo OG HomePods. Issue I’m having is that I am frequently running instances of the left HomePod being slightly off time from the right HomePod
Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out with your query about the WiiM Pro. We’re sorry to hear about the timing issue you’re experiencing with your HomePods.

To assist you more effectively, could you kindly submit a feedback ticket through the WiiM Home App? Simply navigate to the 'Settings' tab and select 'Feedback'. Providing us with this information will enable our team to swiftly diagnose and address the synchronization issue between your left and right HomePods.

Your patience and cooperation in this matter are greatly appreciated. We are committed to resolving your concern promptly and ensuring an optimal listening experience with your WiiM Pro.

Thank you for choosing our product, and we look forward to assisting you.

Greetings all

got my WiiM Pro yesterday and started playing around:

1) Hisense TV - Optical Out - WiiM Pro Optical In - Airplay to HomePod 2 Stereo Pair --> significant sync issues [sound 1 to 2 sec delayed]
2) Samsung TV - Optical Out - WiiM Pro Optical In - Airplay to HomePod 2 Stereo Pair --> significant sync issues [sound 1 to 2 sec delayed]
3) Samsung TV - RCA Out - WiiM Pro RCA In - Airplay to HomePod 2 Stereo Pair --> significant sync issues [sound 1 to 2 sec delayed]

No changes at all when trying to manually change sync settings to either plus or minus settings.

I'll be taking the WiiM Pro tonight back to Melbourne and will try a similar setup [either optical and/or RCA] and Airplay to a Sonos Stereo Pair, let's see if there is a difference... Fingers crossed as I really like the WiiM and need a solution to replace the Sonos Connect.

Anyhow, I could not get it to sync with the HomePods and would appreciate your thoughts/feedback.
AxF

Did it update to the latest firmware, 604350 iirc? I think there was something in that about casting to stereo Homepods.

it might be an idea to raise a ticket to WiiM so they can inspect your device logs for clues.

Greetings all

got my WiiM Pro yesterday and started playing around:

1) Hisense TV - Optical Out - WiiM Pro Optical In - Airplay to HomePod 2 Stereo Pair --> significant sync issues [sound 1 to 2 sec delayed]
2) Samsung TV - Optical Out - WiiM Pro Optical In - Airplay to HomePod 2 Stereo Pair --> significant sync issues [sound 1 to 2 sec delayed]
3) Samsung TV - RCA Out - WiiM Pro RCA In - Airplay to HomePod 2 Stereo Pair --> significant sync issues [sound 1 to 2 sec delayed]

No changes at all when trying to manually change sync settings to either plus or minus settings.

I'll be taking the WiiM Pro tonight back to Melbourne and will try a similar setup [either optical and/or RCA] and Airplay to a Sonos Stereo Pair, let's see if there is a difference... Fingers crossed as I really like the WiiM and need a solution to replace the Sonos Connect.

Anyhow, I could not get it to sync with the HomePods and would appreciate your thoughts/feedback.
AxF
Hi AxF,

I understand the synchronization issue you're experiencing relates to audio-video sync, and not between your two HomePod 2 devices, correct? If that's the case, it's important to note that there's a buffering process that occurs between the AirPlay 2 sender (WiiM Pro) and the AirPlay 2 receivers (HomePod), which may result in a delay of 1 or 2 seconds. To address this, you can adjust the audio delay settings on your TV. For Samsung TV owners, detailed guidance can be found at this link. - https://www.samsung.com/au/support/tv-audio-video/Audio-delay-on-tv/

Please let us know if it works for you. Thank you!

hi team, thanks for getting back!!

Yes, you are correct, this is a sync issue between TV and HomePod. I hope that the other setup with Sonos will work better [and I can adjust the delay on the other TV I am testing shortly] to make this work...

Will report back tomorrow

sad news....

Ffalcon TV- RCA Out - WiiM Pro RCA In - Airplay to Sonos Stereo Pair --> significant sync issues [sound 1 to 2 sec delayed], same with optical

I tried adjusting delay on TV, but despite going to the max of -50, there is no chance to sync the TV with the speaker via Airplay.

Whilst the sound quality is very good, it renders the WiiM not suitable until maybe another firmware update is released?

Thanks for the support again

Back