Alas, I failed to read fine print about Apple Music and Airplay

Laika

I subscribe to Apple Music and currently play it in Hi res via my Mac to my amp via either hard wire connection or Airplay. . I was under the impression that the WiiM Pro would allow me to stream my Apple Music in Hi Res but I was wrong. There is no native support for Apple Music and Airplay2 cannot stream hi res to the WiiM for some reason. Am I wrong about this? Any reason not to send it back? That’s a bummer…

I subscribe to Apple Music and currently play it in Hi res via my Mac to my amp via either hard wire connection or Airplay. . I was under the impression that the WiiM Pro would allow me to stream my Apple Music in Hi Res but I was wrong. There is no native support for Apple Music and Airplay2 cannot stream hi res to the WiiM for some reason. Am I wrong about this? Any reason not to send it back? That’s a bummer…
Apple support high resolution loseless but their airplay caps out at 48khz. It would be great if they update airplay to support 192khz.

And I notice that when I send Apple Music through Airplay the WiiM Home app doesn’t show nitrate. Is that correct?

Thank you Smartplug and Pieterv1. Very helpful and much appreciated.

Glad I could help, although it's probably not the info you wanted to hear!

I'm sure when the opportunity to implement Apple Music in their app should come, WiiM will be quick to do so.. But it's up to Apple I guess...

Last edited:
Back