Alexa voice recognition problem

ChairSpud

Hi, new here and have the mini with the new remote that just came yesterday and am having an issue with alexa commands with Tidal. Hoping someone can help. I tell alexa to play album The Mist by Tor Lundvall and she keeps misinterpreting Tor Lundvall every time. Is the name of the band just too difficult for her to understand and I’m expecting too much or is there a better way to do this? Thanks in advance.
Dave

For hard to pronounce/comprehend/foreign names, there are a number of workarounds: put the tracks into a playlist with an easier name; use an Alexa voice activated routine with a music&podcast/play action spelling out the request; or spell the name out in the voice request e.g. “Alexa, play The Mist by T O R L U N D V A L L”.

For hard to pronounce/comprehend/foreign names, there are a number of workarounds: put the tracks into a playlist with an easier name; use an Alexa voice activated routine with a music&podcast/play action spelling out the request; or spell the name out in the voice request e.g. “Alexa, play The Mist by T O R L U N D V A L L”.
Thank you for the suggestions, unfortunately the tidal routine seems to be badly broken and will not correctly recognize verbal commands including the use of individual letters and also seems incapable of also playing playlists too.

Playing playlists is normally a request of the form “play my xyz playlist” - the “my” is important for user created playlists. You might also want to add “from Tidal” if you don‘t have it set as your default music service in the alexa app. Did you try the option of an Alexa routine (under More/routines/add) in the Alexa app?

Playing playlists is normally a request of the form “play my xyz playlist” - the “my” is important for user created playlists. You might also want to add “from Tidal” if you don‘t have it set as your default music service in the alexa app. Did you try the option of an Alexa routine (under More/routines/add) in the Alexa app?
I understand tidal won’t play playlists via alexa but at your suggestion I was able to create routines for two different albums and they play fine, tks. I wonder how many routines alexa can manage or I get tired of creating them.

I understand tidal won’t play playlists via alexa but at your suggestion I was able to create routines for two different albums and they play fine, tks. I wonder how many routines alexa can manage or I get tired of creating them.
Used to be 99/100, but that was recently increased to 200 iirc

Update: since you were unable to play a playlist as I suggested (which works for amazon music, Apple Music, Spotify etc), I had a Google around and it appears that the Tidal Alexa skill does NOT support personalised playlists after all (I’m in the UK and we don’t even have Tidal support on Alexa). Crazy…

Used to be 99/100, but that was recently increased to 200 iirc
You are a wealth of knowledge! 200 is way more than enough. And a way around the playlist though somewhat limited was to add them to the 1 thru 4 memory buttons on the wiim remote.

Back