Amazon HD features missing?

mgudites

Hey all -- just got my first Wiim device (Pro) and I'm really enjoying it so far.

Can someone tell me, do these features really not exist in the Wiim/Amazon integration or am I just looking in the wrong places?

1. Ability to CLEAR my queue (all at once...not one song at a time)
2. In the Amazon app, I can find a single song and tell it "Play Similar Music" (so, "Radio" feature or whatever you want to call it), and it'll build a custom playlist from it. I can't seem to find a way to do this in Wiim app.

Yes, they really don't exist.
If you're using Amazon, why use wiim app for it? Unless you live somewhere that doesn't allow amazon casting.

Yes, they really don't exist.
If you're using Amazon, why use wiim app for it? Unless you live somewhere that doesn't allow amazon casting.
Is the alternative using the Amazon Music app and Airplay or is there another method I don't know about? I don't see "Wiim" listed in my devices in the Amazon app.

EDIT: Nevermind, just found this. Much better, thanks!!

Last edited:
And if you enabled chromecast on your pro you can cast that way too.
Althought you probably wouldn't want to now you've got alexacast working.

If it”s not working when you use the Amazon music app and Alexacast, auto play shows as an option in the Alexa app - try setting that then asking Alexa to play a track and see if that does it

Last edited:
Chromecast is limited to 16/44.1 iirc with Amazon Music
Moreover, I don't know why, but using Chromecast on AMU the playback volume is much lower.
If I use Chromecast with Qobuz I am limited to 24/96, but the volume remains at the same level as using BUPnP with no Chromecast

Back