First bit of song missing in Amazon HD

Twonks

Hi there.

I have a mini and pro and they both seem to miss the first one second of a song when using Amazon HD either in the WiiM app or casting from Amazon.

The song track timer counts from zero but music doesn’t output until this 1 or 2 seconds in. They are both set to 192/24 and none adjustable volume.

Connected via wireless to a fast service and strong signal.

Nothing else does this, so I guess it maybe some software bug or similar. Firmware up to date on both devices and they play via optical.

Any ideas please?

Edit. I’ve sent a ticket in but saw they suggest posting here as well.

Hi there.

I have a mini and pro and they both seem to miss the first one second of a song when using Amazon HD either in the WiiM app or casting from Amazon.

The song track timer counts from zero but music doesn’t output until this 1 or 2 seconds in. They are both set to 192/24 and none adjustable volume.

Connected via wireless to a fast service and strong signal.

Nothing else does this, so I guess it maybe some software bug or similar. Firmware up to date on both devices and they play via optical.

Any ideas please?

Edit. I’ve sent a ticket in but saw they suggest posting here as well.
Could you suggest a couple of tracks where this happens? Are you on iOS or Android?

Thanks chaps,

One of the reasons I bought the Pro (apart from being an impulse as it was on offer on Amazon) was to see if the ethernet cable option made a difference to this problem. I'll know tomorrow when the cable turns up as the one I had was far too short.

Song wise - pretty much 90% of the music I play on Amazon does it, either when cast from the Amazon app or in the native WiiM app.
Does it for every track if skipping tracks mid song.

Everything is set to the highest quality as I want the best out of it but, I could drop the sample rate to see if that makes a difference.
All IOS and happens on 2 phones and ipad.

What I haven't tried is playing the WiiM (either of them) into a different amp to determine that it is definitely the source of the problem.

I'll have a few more tweaks and plays to see exactly what scenario appears to be causing the problem.
Will report back in 24 hours or so.

Thanks again.

I am having this issue too. It seems to be a fade in that’s been programmed in. It’s been reported in other threads for some time now. I don’t see why they can’t just add a switchable setting to turn this off. It occurs for me using Alexa cast as well as playing Amazon Music through the native WiiM interface. It occurs both when I select a track and at the beginning of each sequential track of a playlist. Albums do not have this problem and gapless albums play nearly perfectly. It’s quite annoying.

My device was originally configured with this sample rate switch latency set to zero and I was experiencing the fade in effect at that time. I increased this latency setting to 80 ms for a bit and later even turned it up to 500 ms. The fade in was still occurring. Then after Frank replied back, I switched it back to zero. The fade-in is now gone. Other possible reasons: one of my iOS devices had an old version of WIIM home installed; a version that did not show the sample rate switch latency setting at all. Also restarted the WiiM mini a few times at various stages of this. Thanks @Frank86 !!!

Back