Huge delay to start/skip playing tracks

BigFreaky

I have an Amazon Music Unlimited subscription and ran several tests here.

When using Wiim app to first play a song or forcing skip between songs: around 5-8s delay.
When using Wiim app and auto skipping when a song ends: almost immediately, less than 2s.

Using the amazon app to play / forced skip songs: almost immediately, less than 2s.
Using the amazon app to play / force skip when casting to Wiim: around 5-8s delay.

Using Fire TV to play / forced skip songs: almost immediately, less than 2s.

I only have the delay issue when streaming from Wiim app or casting to Wiim from Amazon app. I doesn't looks like this is a issue with the Amazon server as I saw in many other threads.

What can I do to avoid this annoying delay when playing/casting to Wiim from Amazon Music Unlimited?

You should submit a ticket to WiiM via the settings feedback section of the WiiM Home app after running those tests again so that WiiM can inspect your device logs for evidence.

I have an Amazon Music Unlimited subscription and ran several tests here.

When using Wiim app to first play a song or forcing skip between songs: around 5-8s delay.
When using Wiim app and auto skipping when a song ends: almost immediately, less than 2s.

Using the amazon app to play / forced skip songs: almost immediately, less than 2s.
Using the amazon app to play / force skip when casting to Wiim: around 5-8s delay.

Using Fire TV to play / forced skip songs: almost immediately, less than 2s.

I only have the delay issue when streaming from Wiim app or casting to Wiim from Amazon app. I doesn't looks like this is a issue with the Amazon server as I saw in many other threads.

What can I do to avoid this annoying delay when playing/casting to Wiim from Amazon Music Unlimited?
Amazon music will experience latency when it goes through the API. Normally, in my environment, there is a delay of 3-7 seconds during playback and casting on the WiiM app.

Turning off DNS in the network settings of the WiiM app may help.

Amazon music will experience latency when it goes through the API. Normally, in my environment, there is a delay of 3-7 seconds during playback and casting on the WiiM app.

Turning off DNS in the network settings of the WiiM app may help.
Thanks for the feedback Wiimer, I'll give it a try.
During regular music transition (no skips) is the app pre-buffering to avoid these delays?

The correct answer is 4-5 seconds. 🙂

Folks, I just managed to get a huge improvement by reconfiguring my network from 2.4ghz to 5ghz.

Now I'm getting closer to 2-3 seconds. Which is very acceptable.
Fantastic choice! Opting for 5GHz almost always enhances your experience, thanks to its superior bandwidth and reduced wireless interference. It's a great way to boost the quality of your connection!

Back