Wiim pro plus with Amazon Music

Royalgigi

Using Amazon Music from within the Wiim home app I do not have playlist or favourites. When selecting … on the current song playing, all it shows is view artist, view album. What am I missing?

Attachments

• IMG_0065.png
    IMG_0065.png
    539 KB · Views: 6
There is no My Playlist there.

WiiM app > Browse > Music Services > Amazon Music > Songs > Playlists

My Playlist will appear in it. Playlists played from here are recorded in Recently playe

Also, if you add it to the preset from here, you can play it from the preset next time.

Using Amazon Music from within the Wiim home app I do not have playlist or favourites. When selecting … on the current song playing, all it shows is view artist, view album. What am I missing?
That functionality is only available in the Amazon music app - the third party interface that Amazon releases to third parties like WiiM isn’t as feature rich although there is talk they’ll enhance that early Q4. Use the Amazon Music app to cast to your Wiim.

Last edited:
That functionality is only available in the Amazon music app - the third part interface that Amazon releases to third parties like WiiM isn’t as feature rich although there is talk they’ll enhance that early Q4. Use the Amazon Music app to cast to your Wii

Is there a chance to have genres browsing option in Amazon music inside wiim home app? They are usually in searching option in amazon music desktop app. Now it is impossible to browse new albums by genres :(

Is there a chance to have genres browsing option in Amazon music inside wiim home app? They are usually in searching option in amazon music desktop app. Now it is impossible to browse new albums by genres :(
Enable Alexa and you can use the Amazon Music app directly to stream lossless to the Wiim. As explained above Amazon only allow certain functions via their limited API interface.

Hi, can I use my phone or tablet and Alexa to cast Amazon music to my WiiM losslessly? I tried that without Alexa and it works fine, but the high res (24bit, 192 khz) didn't seem to translate. The high res came through when going to Amazon through the WiiM app, but almost no features that make Amazon easy to navigate.

Hi, can I use my phone or tablet to cas
As mentioned previously, if you have linked your Alexa/Amazon account to the WiiM Home app thru the Alexa menu entry AND AlexaCast is available in your region, then you can cast from the Amazon Music app on your phone or tablet to a WiiM device.

Edit: the casting should be lossless if you have the Amazon Music app settings for wifi at that level, and also have the Amazon Music settings in the WiiM Home app to match.

Back