Compilation songs showing as "various artists"

HAPPY1

Hi Team,

This is probably an easy one but when i am using the Wiim home app and play an compilation album the app shows "song name" by "various artist"

Ive tagged everything via minimserver as "song title" - "artist" - "album artist" so i would like the app to show the artist singing the song on the compilation rather than "Various Artists"

Is there a way to do this?

I did ask on the minimserver forum and simbun replied that its an issue at the home app end as it grabs the first album artist tag instead or just artist.

Hoping there is a setting to change but I guess a workaround wold be to copy the artist name to album artist even on compilations and soundtracks?

I did ask on the minimserver forum and simbun replied that its an issue at the home app end as it grabs the first album artist tag instead or just artist.

Hoping there is a setting to change but I guess a workaround wold be to copy the artist name to album artist even on compilations and soundtracks?
yeah, but that could be messy. Try raising a ticket with WiiM and see if they’ll update the WiiM Home app

I've just replied to your last post on the MinimServer forum.
It seems that the WiiM Android app takes the first artist tag yet the iOS app takes the last!
I think there's a way to prevent it sending the AlbumArtist tag (for track listings) but it's only available in the licensed version of MinimServer.

sorry you are going to want to slap me but where should i enter that?

Back