Playing Songs from NAS.

IdrisRoberts

Synology NAS connected by Ethernet to WiiM Pro. I use DBpoweramp Asset software on The NAS to handle the music info. When I click on a particular song to play, the whole album or every song by that artist is added to a playlist, which is not what I want. Is there a setting / way to just have one track added at a time? And a setting / way to clear the playlist?
I am aware that I can create individual playlists as a work around but there are times when I might just want to listen to a couple of songs off an album at a time and not the whole album, particularly with various artists albums.
thanks for any help

The WiiM App doesn't handle UPnP servers that well. If you are an Android user then look at BubbleUPnP (also from same authors as dbPoweramp) and use that as a control app. If iOS then mConnect does a similar job but isn't quite as good.

The WiiM App doesn't handle UPnP servers that well. If you are an Android user then look at BubbleUPnP (also from same authors as dbPoweramp) and use that as a control app. If iOS then mConnect does a similar job but isn't quite as good.
Thanks for your quick response, i Use both the 2 control apps you mentioned, only fault I have with the WiiM Pro is it’s poor handling of UPnP servers. I also use Play-Fi app on my Audiolab gear and that is even worse than WiiM’s way of working. I’ll persevere until HOPEFULLY! WiiM gets UPnP implementation working better.

Thanks for your quick response, i Use both the 2 control apps you mentioned, only fault I have with the WiiM Pro is it’s poor handling of UPnP servers. I also use Play-Fi app on my Audiolab gear and that is even worse than WiiM’s way of working. I’ll persevere until HOPEFULLY! WiiM gets UPnP implementation working better.
Personally it doesn't bother me as I don't use the WiiM app at all (only used it for initial set up).

I'm using my WiiM Mini in conjunction with LMS and the UPnP/DLNA Bridge plugin so controlling everything via LMS's Material control skin. This now works pretty well. The only things this mode of operation can't do that a native LMS player can are smart gain and synchronisation.

Unfortunately LMS doesn't run on a Synology NAS except via Docker. Asset is good but it can't overcome the limitations of UPnP as a flawed protocol.

I too have a Play Fi device but never use it in that mode as it's pants. Instead I have a Pi plus USB DAC plugged into it integrated into LMS.

I looked at LMS. How straight forward is setting it up on the NAS. I have docker installed as I also use the Lumin control app. Is it straight forward to set up using UPnP/DLNA Bridge plugin. I haven’t had any success trying to find an Easy ‘Idiots’ guide any where on tinterweb

If you are familar with Docker its pretty easy but read through the above thread. The docker will need to be able to see the files on the NAS and LMS will need write access to a playlists folder.
Set up is best done using the default GUI but for control you must install Material plugin pretty much straight away and then point phone/tablet at it.
As for the Bridge. Install plugin. Select correct binary. Start the bridge. It should find your WiiM and add it to config file. The only modification required is to set the max sample rate to match whatever your WiiM is plugged into.

Other must have plugins
Music & Artist Information - bios, reviews and lyrics.
Radio Paradise
Qobuz, Deezer, Tidal etc as required
BBC Sounds
Radio Now Playing

Synology NAS connected by Ethernet to WiiM Pro. I use DBpoweramp Asset software on The NAS to handle the music info. When I click on a particular song to play, the whole album or every song by that artist is added to a playlist, which is not what I want. Is there a setting / way to just have one track added at a time? And a setting / way to clear the playlist?
I am aware that I can create individual playlists as a work around but there are times when I might just want to listen to a couple of songs off an album at a time and not the whole album, particularly with various artists albums.
thanks for any help
It might be fruitful to use the feedback section in the WiiM Hime app to ask for these features - they’ve been fixing /changing a good few UPNP issues of late.

LMS, however, is a good route to take due to the additional features it brings.

Never realised that the dbPowerAmp/AssetUPNP developer did BubbleUPNP as well despite having had their software for years…

Never realised that the dbPowerAmp/AssetUPNP developer did BubbleUPNP as well despite having had their software for years…
In retrospect I'm now not sure that I am correct about that ... but why did I think it?

Back