Quick artwork setting qestion

HAPPY1

Hi Team,

Firstly thanks for the million questions i had so far and i think ive cracked it apart fro 2 minor things:

1) Some album artwork isnt showing in home sharing.
I am using minimserver on my mac mini which is pointing to the original music files created when i first started using itunes. I am assuming that the artwork is not stored in the same folder as the album so therefore the server isnt able to push it to the home app?

2) on the home app, when i choose an album to play the artwork in the app looks like it has been split into for replicant squares rather than just one album cover. Is there a setting to change this?

Thanks so much

1) Some album artwork isnt showing in home sharing.
I am using minimserver on my mac mini which is pointing to the original music files created when i first started using itunes. I am assuming that the artwork is not stored in the same folder as the album so therefore the server isnt able to push it to the home app?
I've never used itunes or macOS so my help may be limited on this, but I have read that itunes has at times stored artwork in its own database rather than the folder or files.
Whilst you can do it manually if you've only a few missing, I saw this script recommended on another forum. Hopefully other macos/itunes users can verify it.

Mp3tag has a free 7 day trial that'll make it easy to identify files that are missing artwork (%_covers% MISSING).
If your artwork is folder based there's a simple find command you can use (shout if you need it as I'm not at a computer at the moment).

2) on the home app, when i choose an album to play the artwork in the app looks like it has been split into for replicant squares rather than just one album cover. Is there a setting to change this?
I've seen this before but I've used so many combinations of apps and servers that I can't remember where. I tried removing artwork, or having differing embedded artwork across an album, but I can't replicate it. Are you seeing this when you play all albums, and what app are you using (ios/macos)? When browsing MinimServer?

Last edited:
I am using minimserver on the mac mini which is looking at the music folder.

wiim home app is picking up the minimserver.

this is. what it looks likeScreenshot 2024-01-18 at 10.10.14?AM.jpeg

I am using minimserver on the mac mini which is looking at the music folder.

wiim home app is picking up the minimserver.

this is. what it looks like
I haven't seen that before, although I am using the Android app so it could be the iOS app that's at fault.
If you use mconnect to browse to that album do you see the same thing? And is it for every album?

It’s the iOS/iPadOS app - here’s that version and the Android version, both of the same album on Minimserver

IMG_8478.jpg Screenshot_20240117-212846_Original.jpg

It’s the iOS/iPadOS app - here’s that version and the Android version, both of the same album on Minimserver
Ok so it's a bug in the iOS app.
Interestingly I've just replicated it using MiniDLNA in folder view (only) on the android app.

Do you know if this has been raised?

Not aware of it being reported tbh
I can't see how it could be but do you know if it's MinimServer specific?
It does make you wonder how many people are using the native app for this to have gone unreported, unless of course it's just been introduced.

Same for AssetUPNP and Synology Media Server (although it doesn’t seem to pick up album art at all). My USB library on my WiiM Amp also does that whether accessed via the Amp or from another WiiM device.

Ok so it's the iOS app in general and at least folder view in MiniDLNA on Android.

@HAPPY1 It looks like you've found your first bug! Do you want to report it through the WiiM app feedback section (Settings > Send us feedback)?

I'll dig into the Android side a little more tomorrow and send one from that side.

Just for fun - try putting a different album art on one of the first 4 tracks, and then seeing if the picture changes to have that new art in one of the quarters.
Looks just like the 4 album artwork I see when looking at a playlist in Tidal, which is of the first four tracks.

Just for fun - try putting a different album art on one of the first 4 tracks, and then seeing if the picture changes to have that new art in one of the quarters.
Looks just like the 4 album artwork I see when looking at a playlist in Tidal, which is of the first four tracks.
Or just open a playlist.

It looks like it's just broken on iOS and based on the parent UPnP object type in Android e.g album, folder e.t.c.

I see the same issues as OP, Macmini running Minimserver and IOS WiiM home app. I've always just put up with it to be honest. uPnP just doesn’t seem to be WiiM's forte.

I see the same issues as OP, Macmini running Minimserver and IOS WiiM home app. I've always just put up with it to be honest. uPnP just doesn’t seem to be WiiM's forte.
It's a shame because apart from now having images at every level of the browse tree (which I think was always there for iOS) I don't think the Android UPnP UI has changed - for the better (bookmarks anyone) - at all for over a year now.
What's more frustrating is that it really shouldn't take much time to polish it up visually as there aren't any API's to deal with, they already have all the metadata they need from the media server.

If they could just expose everything that the licensed MinimServer makes available they'd have something that is far superior to BluOS, Sonos etc

I personally don't care because I have BubbleUPnP but options are more limited on iOS.

I'm having the same issue (quadrupled album art) on Android. I'm using windows 10's built in dlna server.

I'm also not seeing album art in the folder tree.

I'm having the same issue (quadrupled album art) on Android. I'm using windows 10's built in dlna server.

I'm also not seeing album art in the folder tree.
Can you try a different media server, such as minimserver?
Seems that a number of people have various issues using windows server.
May or may not fix your issue, but worth a try, surely?

In folder view you'll see the same thing with MinimServer. I assume it's because there's a non-AudioItem object in what WiiM expects to be a track listing. This additional object (>> Tag View) allows you to switch from folder view to tag view, and I don't think it can be removed.
I'll have a closer look shortly.

EDIT:
I was wrong, it can be disabled but it makes no difference. I guess it's just a feature/defect.

The best option, use MinimServer and BubbleUPnP :)

Last edited:
I tried MinimServer and the folder album art is working. The quadrupled album art issue is still there. I've noticed it only happens with albums that have split tracks. My theory is that it's displaying the artwork of multiple tracks at once and ignoring the folder.jpg.

The quadrupled album art issue is still there. I've noticed it only happens with albums that have split tracks. My theory is that it's displaying the artwork of multiple tracks at once and ignoring the folder.jpg.
It happens all the time for me even when drilling into the folder of a single disc.

WiiM is treating folder view just like it does a playlist, where it's normal for tracks from different albums and such a mix of artwork makes more sense.

Rather than create an album like view it should just display the tracks in a list - like every other control point - with associated artwork next to each track.

In summary, get rid of the top image and that weird search box :)

Last edited:
Back