Amazon HD versus Tidal Connect

Pcryan5

Major Contributor
I am looking at Amazon to replace Tidal. Is it accurate that Amazon does not support HD streaming via WiiM Mini unless it is to a Amazon Studio device? (I use Devialet)

thanks!
P

I am looking at Amazon to replace Tidal. Is it accurate that Amazon does not support HD streaming via WiiM Mini unless it is to a Amazon Studio device? (I use Devialet)

thanks!
P
I tested Tidal and Apple and have been a long time Amazon Music HD user.

I found Amazon Music HD to be the most user friendly. Partly I will note because I am deeply familiar with Amazon. But also because I was deciding which would allow search and discovery of ATMOS/360 tracks. Amazon wins. Period.

I use WiiM differently than many. It's part of my whole house system. What I can confirm is this. Set up each device in Alexa. Group them as you like. Then when you want whole house it includes Echo Studio, Mini, WiiM all synchronized. But in that context streaming quality is less essential than where ever I walk I hear.

Attached is a few screenshots to show options.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230122-090531.png
    Screenshot_20230122-090531.png
    935.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20230122-090541.png
    Screenshot_20230122-090541.png
    156.8 KB · Views: 1
I just canceled my subscribtion today. Streaming from amazon music app isnt working in Poland. And the most annoying for me was the lack of possibility to add album to favorites. Also limited playlist section in wiim home app.

I cancelled due to the app being a spawn of the devil’s coding team and a lack of Roon support.
I do think if the above is not an issue Amazon music is an excellent deal with excellent sound quality.

Back