Amazon music

JBassman

I can't find out how to delete my library in the wiim app. Wiim app doesn't keep up with what I have in my Amazon account.
Albums I deleted still show up through wiim.
Any idea why?

Tap "Update My Music" in the Amazon music app and try rebooting the Wiim app.

If that doesn't help, delete the WiiM app's cache.

I can't find out how to delete my library in the wiim app. Wiim app doesn't keep up with what I have in my Amazon account.
Albums I deleted still show up through wiim.
Any idea why?
Any reason why you’re not using AlexaCast from the Amazon Music app itself?

I have not found the need to use Alexa, talking to an app when I can easily just tap the album I want isn't my thing.
If it works to keep my library up to date I would try it.
The wiim app just never deletes the albums I delete in my Amazon app. They should be the same. No option to delete in the wiim app.

I have cleared cache in my amazon app but I don't see that option in wiim. Am u missing something?

I have not found the need to use Alexa, talking to an app when I can easily just tap the album I want isn't my thing.
If it works to keep my library up to date I would try it.
The wiim app just never deletes the albums I delete in my Amazon app. They should be the same. No option to delete in the wiim app.
AlexaCast has little to do with “talking to an app”, it’s the protocol that the Amazon Music app uses to cast to another device, in this case your WiiM device. If you link Amazon Alexa from the WiiM Home app browse page and enter your Amazon credentials and complete the account linkage, your WiiM device will then appear as a target cast device in the Amazon Music app. It also delivers a bit perfect lossless stream to your WiiM device as well as giving you access to the full range of features available in the amazon music app, including album deletion etc.

Edit: you need never even mention the word Alexa after that ;)

I have cleared cache in my amazon app but I don't see that option in wiim. Am u missing something?
The WiiM Home app uses the API that Amazon makes available to third party developers and may not support that function. If you link your WiiM Home app to your Amazon account via the Amazon Alexa menu entry, you can get access to the full Amazon music app feature set while casting to your WiiM.

AlexaCast has little to do with “talking to an app”, it’s the protocol that the Amazon Music app uses to cast to another device, in this case your WiiM device. If you link Amazon Alexa from the WiiM Home app browse page and enter your Amazon credentials and complete the account linkage, your WiiM device will then appear as a target cast device in the Amazon Music app. It also delivers a bit perfect lossless stream to your WiiM device as well as giving you access to the full range of features available in the amazon music app, including album deletion etc.

Edit: you need never even mention the word Alexa after that ;)
Sounds good I'll give it a try. I always assumed Alexa was like siri.

Sounds good I'll give it a try. I always assumed Alexa was like siri.
Alexa the Voice Assistant is like Siri, but when Amazon first decided to add casting to their music app it was initially only to Amazon Echo devices so their casting protocol piggy-backed on to the technology they already had to deliver audio to Echo devices and that was via the Alexa subsystem. The name unfortunately does put off people who have an aversion to voice assistants for whatever reason…

Well I see that everything Alexa was checked. Alexa works fine through Amazon app but doesn't if I use Amazon in my wiim home app.
I open up Amazon music in wiim app and go to my music. I even Uninstalled it and reinstalled it again with no change.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I don't think so.
Every album I've ever downloaded shows up in my wiim Amazon library, even the ones I deleted.

Well I see that everything Alexa was checked. Alexa works fine through Amazon app but doesn't if I use Amazon in my wiim home app.
I open up Amazon music in wiim app and go to my music. I even Uninstalled it and reinstalled it again with no change.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I don't think so.
Every album I've ever downloaded shows up in my wiim Amazon library, even the ones I deleted.

Deleting an album downloaded from Amazon Music doesn't remove it from your library. If you "delete an album from the library" in the library of the Amazon music app, it will also be deleted from the library of the WiiM app. That took effect as soon as I slid down the WiiM app screen and refreshed it.

To cast to WiiM in the Amazon Music app, tap the square cast icon in the upper-right corner of the Now Playing screen. Then tap on WiiM pro in the device list. If you see two WiiM Pro in the device list, choose the round icon. The square icon is Chromecast.

IMG_20230718_084846.jpg

IMG_20230716_171326.jpg

I have no devices showing up when I cast.
I've tried to add wiim as a device many times and it doesn't find it.
Yet I can go to Amazon in wiim through music services and play no problem.
I guess I'm missing something, I'll keep working on it.
Thanks for your help

I have no devices showing up when I cast.
I've tried to add wiim as a device many times and it doesn't find it.
Yet I can go to Amazon in wiim through music services and play no problem.
I guess I'm missing something, I'll keep working on it.
Thanks for your help

To use Alexacast, you must sign in to Alexa in the Wiim app.

WiiM Apps > Browse > Music Services > Tap the Alexa icon
Also, turn on UHD in "Amazon Alexa settings".

Continuing
Browse > Amazon Music > Settings >
Turn on UHD here as well.
IMG_20230718_105044.jpg

IMG_20230718_105738.jpg

Thanks that helped.
My library is now in order, I just need to figure out to work Alexa on Wiim. It keeps connecting to my phone not wiim.
I'll keep going at it..lol

Finally got it working..man I am old school.
This took me awhile.
Thanks all you guys for your help

Back