Cannot link Wiim App to Amazon Music

What’s happening when you enter your credentials for amazon music in the WiiM Home app? Do you get any error message? A screenshot might be helpful.
Also, which region are you in?

Cannot see anywhere to connect the Wiim App with Amazon Music on the Wiim Pro. It just goes on about Alexa , which I do not have or use?

In the WiiM Home app, on the Browse page you should see Amazon Music under Music Services. If not, select the “manage” button and toggle on Amazon Music. Choose Amazon Music from the browse screen, then enter your Amazon credentials. Let us know what then transpires

Cannot see anywhere to connect the Wiim App with Amazon Music on the Wiim Pro. It just goes on about Alexa , which I do not have or use?
Re Alexa, you will have to enable that in the WiiM home app if you want to be able to use the Amazon music app to send audio to your WiiM as it uses AlexaCast to achieve that. You can use the Amazon music page in the WiiM app too, or if AlexaCast isn’t supported in your region.

I have tapped on Amazon Music and it seems already in place, however, on my Wiim App there us nothing from my previous searches

Re Alexa, you will have to enable that in the WiiM home app if you want to be able to use the Amazon music app to send audio to your WiiM as it uses AlexaCast to achieve that. You can use the Amazon music page in the WiiM app too, or if AlexaCast isn’t supported in your region.
I do not have Alexa as already stated

Searches using Wiim home app. Albums that I listened to that should still be there. I had all of this on my Samsung tablet as well as my iPhone. The Wiim pro, which I had not used with my Samsung tablet would not connect to the Samsung despite rebooting my internet numerous times and following the onscreen instructions on Wiim app on the Samsung. So, I deleted the Wiim app on the Samsung tablet and downloaded it again and now I have no connection to Amazon Music. Where do I link Amazon to Wiim?

I have done all of that, but none of my previous searches are there on the Wiim app on my Samsung table. Whereas before, both my Samsung tablet and iPhone Wiim app had all the searches synchronised on both devices in he same way that what you are playing is on both devices. So, how do I restore all the searches that I have on my iPhone Wiim App on my Wiim app on my Samsung tablet?

Last edited:
I have done all of that, but none of my previous searches are there on the Wiim app on my Samsung table. Whereas before, both my Samsung tablet and iPhone Wiim app had all the searches synchronised on both devices in he same way that what you are playing is on both devices. So, how do I restore all the searches that I have on my iPhone Wiim App on my Wiim app on my Samsung tablet?
If I understand you correctly, you used to use the amazon app on both devices and the searches were in sync.
Are you now using amazon from within the wiim app?
We've been trying to get you to be able to cast to your wiim from the amazon app so that you don't need to use the wiim app.

I have always used the Wiim app to stream my music through Amazon. I have never used the Amazon app through Wiim. My Wiim app uses Amazon music as its source. I want all recent searches on my iPhone Wiim app to also show on my Samsung Wiim app as they did before.

Last edited:
When you say "previous searches", do you mean the search history that appears in the search menu of the WiiM app?

If I remember correctly, the search history is deleted when you uninstall the WiiM app and cannot be recovered.

I have always used the Wiim app to stream my music through Amazon. I have never used the Amazon app through Wiim. My Wiim app uses Amazon music as its source. I want all recent searches on my iPhone Wiim app to also show on my Samsung Wiim app as they did before.
Ok, I can't help with the sync issue, but why not use the amazon app? Unless your location prevents it (alexa casting)?
Most seem to prefer it.

Ok. That’s helpful Thanks. It is ridiculous that I could not connect to my Samsung Wiim Pro after spending a lot of time trying and then delted app to get around that and now I have lost all my searches. This is really, really not good. I had a Wiim mini before on my Samsung tablet and all my searches were there but although I did everything that Wiim told me to do the App would not connect to streamer. Now I will have to go through an amazingly long list to get everything back . I am not at all happy with Wiim at this point.

Back