Can't loop one song using Alexa cast

reebokable

How on earth do you loop one song using Alexa cast on the Amazon Music app? I have Amazon Music unlimited btw. Looping one song is only possible with Chromecast or on device listening.

How on earth do you loop one song using Alexa cast on the Amazon Music app? I have Amazon Music unlimited btw. Looping one song is only possible with Chromecast or on device listening.
At least on my Android phone, I can't repeat a song or add it to the queue. In this respect, the WiiM home app is better.

At least on my Android phone, I can't repeat a song or add it to the queue. In this respect, the WiiM home app is better.
Wiim home app doesnt have an option to sort tracks to "recently added" like the native app. Hopefully there will be an update

Ive figured it out but its way too much of a hassle to add/delete every time. Any idea why such a simple is missing?
It’s always been that way using Alexa and given AlexaCast was first implemented for Alexa and echo devices, I guess that’s just been carried over into Amazon Music’s casting protocol.

Wiim home app doesnt have an option to sort tracks to "recently added" like the native app. Hopefully there will be an update
Please try using the mic button on the WiiM Remote to see if "Repeat this song" works. I can't try it because I canceled Unlimited this month.

Last edited:
It’s always been that way using Alexa and given AlexaCast was first implemented for Alexa and echo devices, I guess that’s just been carried over into Amazon Music’s casting protocol.
Thanks for the clarification. I guess I have to live with it then. Such a shame Amazon Music is the only service with synchronized song history

Worth a try indeed :)

This page was always my go reference for all things Alexa & Music. It unfortunately doesn’t look as if it’s been maintained for a while but is still a useful guide. https://www.smartenlight.com/alexa-music-voice-commands/
Lots of good information, thanks for sharing.

Reminds me of a question on multi-room music volume control.
When I attempt to adjust one speaker, as in this picture, several other sliders may (or may not) move at the same time (up or down). I also see the speaker's name change while in the midst of moving a slider too.
If I go to the settings for individual echo devices the volume works as expected as well as I can adjust all device volumes at the same time using the volume buttons on the side of the phone.
It's been this way for a long time and I'm not sure if I'm doing anything wrong or if this is the way it is.
Any ideas?

1713196246139.png

Lots of good information, thanks for sharing.

Reminds me of a question on multi-room music volume control.
When I attempt to adjust one speaker, as in this picture, several other sliders may (or may not) move at the same time (up or down). I also see the speaker's name change while in the midst of moving a slider too.
If I go to the settings for individual echo devices the volume works as expected as well as I can adjust all device volumes at the same time using the volume buttons on the side of the phone.
It's been this way for a long time and I'm not sure if I'm doing anything wrong or if this is the way it is.
Any ideas?

View attachment 6493

I don’t often play music on Alexa MRM groups, so I tried asking Alexa to play music everywhere which would include echos, fire tv devices, WiiMs etc, and you’re right, the Alexa app multiple device volume control screen is a dog’s dinner with changing volume being a bit of a crapshoot :(

Unfortunately, life’s too short to take the issue to Amazon support as they’d no doubt try to tell me to factory reset every device I own which clearly I wouldn’t do…

I do seem to recall it being a lot slicker when the feature was first released in the alexa app but clearly it’s gone downhill

Back