Anyone know if I'm making best use of the Wiim Pro DAC?

Tonylewis

Can anyone please tell me if I am making good use of the Wiim Pro DAC or if I need to for my current listening needs? I stream/play music from my phone or computer to the Wiim Pro which is connected to the modem/router via Cat 6 ethernet cable. Then I use the optical out into my Triangle Borea BR03 powered speakers. Thanks. Should I be using RCA at any stage in or out?

I stream/play music from my phone or computer to the Wiim Pro
How, exactly? Hopefully not bluetooth nor airplay!
What source?

Right now you're not using the wiim dac.
You could try rca out of the wiim (using its dac) into the speakers - assuming they have an analog input, and don't convert that to digital anyway.
Basically, try it, see which, if either, you prefer.

And, for a little bit of controversy, if you have the pro (not the plus) and / or use the included rca cables, then I seriously doubt that using the wiim's dac will be better.
But do whatever sounds best to you!

And, for a little bit of controversy, if you have the pro (not the plus) and / or use the included rca cables, then I seriously doubt that using the wiim's dac will be better.
But do whatever sounds best to you!
Thanks Mr Ee, I have been streaming using Spotify Connect and Tidal Connect. I have been playing locally stored files (AIFF downloads from Bandcamp) on my computer through the Wiim App. I could try the RCA out from the Wiim into the speakers to see which sounds better.
I have a slightly better RCA cable than the one provided.

Last edited:
Can anyone please tell me if I am making good use of the Wiim Pro DAC or if I need to for my current listening needs? I stream/play music from my phone or computer to the Wiim Pro which is connected to the modem/router via Cat 6 ethernet cable. Then I use the optical out into my Triangle Borea BR03 powered speakers. Thanks. Should I be using RCA at any stage in or out?
My WiiM Pro works with acoustics Triangle Borea 02.
In this case, it is better to use the streamer as a network transport and it is best to connect it with a coaxial cable to the acoustics.
And I in the near future I plan to add Cayin iDAC 6-mk2 to the system.

Back