Anyone successfully added a display with their Wiim?

Jozinic

Is their anyway of adding a raspberry pi model 3 or 4 with an official 7 inch screen, to try and integrate it to have a visual of what’s playing?

If you use Roon you can install Ropieee on the Raspberry Pi and get a remote “now playing“ screen with simple controls. If you use Logitech Media Server you can install piCoreplayer on the Pi and get the same. However be aware that the LMS option maybe less attractive if you want to integrate Tidal, that feature is disappearing in a few weeks.

I’m over the need for screen / now playing as im running roon (or Spotify or YouTube music) directly off an iPad to the Wiim pro plus I actually don’t need a screen connected to the Wiim (in all honesty)

I do the same thing and completely agree that you don’t “need” a raspberry pi screen with a now playing interface, but I personally really like having it for two reasons. One is that I keep it on the table next to my chair, play, pause, skip, or just glancing up to remind myself the name of the track is so easy and helps keep things relaxed. The second reason is that I use the raspberry pi as a head-fi streamer/Roon endpoint. I’m not really into headphones too much but this works really well for me.

Building a raspberry pi streamer with a screen can be a nice little project and the Ropieee software makes it dead simple and works great (same with piCoreplayer if you use LMS instead of Roon). I would encourage anyone who finds the idea appealing to give it a go, again, this is not something you “need”, but it can make things a bit more fun!

Back