App language

MrSoul4470

Major Contributor
Huh!? I just got an app update on Android this morning and my app is in German now. If I remember correctly it was in English until last night. Actually a good thing, because I am German. Unfortunately the German translation is full of errors and bad translations and I wish I could change the app language without having to change the default language of my phone.

Huh!? I just got an app update on Android this morning and my app is in German now. If I remember correctly it was in English until last night. Actually a good thing, because I am German. Unfortunately the German translation is full of errors and bad translations and I wish I could change the app language without having to change the default language of my phone.
Hi MrSoul4470,

We appreciate your feedback, and we're glad to hear that the app's switch to German aligns well with your preference.

However, we apologize for any inconvenience caused by the quality of the German translation. Your input is valuable to us, and we're committed to delivering a seamless and enjoyable experience. We'll be addressing the errors and inconsistencies in the translation immediately to ensure that the app's language maintains the same high standard as the rest of our features.

Regarding your desire to change the app's language independently of your phone's default language, we're actively considering this as a potential enhancement to our app. While we can't promise an immediate solution, we're dedicated to making the app as user-friendly as possible, and your suggestion is noted.

Thank you once again for bringing this matter to our attention. If you have any further comments or questions, please feel free to share them.

Hi MrSoul4470,

We appreciate your feedback, and we're glad to hear that the app's switch to German aligns well with your preference.

However, we apologize for any inconvenience caused by the quality of the German translation. Your input is valuable to us, and we're committed to delivering a seamless and enjoyable experience. We'll be addressing the errors and inconsistencies in the translation immediately to ensure that the app's language maintains the same high standard as the rest of our features.

Regarding your desire to change the app's language independently of your phone's default language, we're actively considering this as a potential enhancement to our app. While we can't promise an immediate solution, we're dedicated to making the app as user-friendly as possible, and your suggestion is noted.

Thank you once again for bringing this matter to our attention. If you have any further comments or questions, please feel free to share them.
@WiiM Support ,

Hi. 😊

Thanks to WHA for their Japanese response.
Unfortunately, it is now partially Japanese and partly in English. I would be happy if you could fix this in the future.

Thank you. 😉

Screenshot_2023-08-21-15-34-15-519_com.linkplay.wiimhome-edit.jpg

Would also very much appreciate if there's a possibility to change the app's language from German back to English.
Thanks!

Hi Team,

We sincerely apologize for the premature release of the multi-language app. Rectifying this is now a top priority for our team. We're working diligently to bring you an updated version with improved translations later this week. Additionally, we're planning to include a language selection option in the App, which will be available by the end of August. We appreciate your patience and look forward to delivering an enhanced experience. Thank you for staying tuned!

Hi Team,

We sincerely apologize for the premature release of the multi-language app. Rectifying this is now a top priority for our team. We're working diligently to bring you an updated version with improved translations later this week. Additionally, we're planning to include a language selection option in the App, which will be available by the end of August. We appreciate your patience and look forward to delivering an enhanced experience. Thank you for staying tuned!
Hi WiiM team, thank you. Having different language versions of course generally is a good thing. Unfortunately those translations are often done poorly (Google translate?). Therefore it is always best to have a native speaker to support. So if you need help with that then please just ask the community. I can help when it's about German.
Because serisouly, there's nothing worse than badly translated apps. No matter how good they actually are, it makes them seems sloppy and cheap.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused! We have sent the translations to our contacts and asked them to help to check the translations. Also, we will release a new version that improves part of the translations this week. Then, we will continue to improve the translations and release the next version next week.

The English is mostly good ;)
I do, however, wonder what "%1$s" was meant to be. Looks like someone forgot to supply a value to a placeholder... (ditto for %2).
On the MQA screen.

The English is mostly good ;)
I do, however, wonder what "%1$s" was meant to be. Looks like someone forgot to supply a value to a placeholder... (ditto for %2).
On the MQA screen.
Could you share a screenshot of that and share whether it is on iOS or Android?

I would like to point out that in the Italian translation during the update procedure, the word "Palcoscenico" is wrong (and a little funny in such context). It refers exclusively to the place where the actors, dancers or musicians rest their feet during the show. For a procedure such as updating the FW, the words: "Fase", "Passaggio" or at most "Passo" are correct

Again, the Italian word "Palcoscenico" instead of "Fase", for "Stage" during update, reappeared. I'm sure that the previous update was correctly reporting "Fase"...

Please add Polish language in the application. You have many users in our country.

Please add Polish language in the application. You have many users in our country.
Hi odyniec,

Thank you for your suggestion. I will discuss it with our product team and we will aim to add the support promptly.

Back