Accidentally reset to default

PatriX

Major Contributor
This morning I come into the living room, and suddenly I hear the amplifier saying something (unfortunately I don't speak English), and it's flashing red. I open the app and see that I have to set up my new device.

I lost all my settings, presets, favorites... :(((

I really don't like any device that does anything by itself. I don't like "smart" speakers, and I don't have any at home and don't want any.
I may have said something when talking to my cats, so I took the batteries out of the remote, and put it back in the box.

It's the first time it's happened, and I hope it's the last. I just want an amp, a dac and a streamer.
I don't want any stupid "smart“ voice assistant and features.

Well... either it is a bug in the firmware, or a remote reset, or a mistake in the voice command.
I think I can rule out the voice command, that would be a big coincidence.

I can't 100% rule out some kind of random attack bot from the internet either - there's no info on where the device is connecting and why.

So I've blocked everything, only Tidal is allowed. I'll check the logs and see...

tidal.png

This morning I come into the living room, and suddenly I hear the amplifier saying something (unfortunately I don't speak English), and it's flashing red. I open the app and see that I have to set up my new device.

I lost all my settings, presets, favorites... :(((

I really don't like any device that does anything by itself. I don't like "smart" speakers, and I don't have any at home and don't want any.
I may have said something when talking to my cats, so I took the batteries out of the remote, and put it back in the box.

It's the first time it's happened, and I hope it's the last. I just want an amp, a dac and a streamer.
I don't want any stupid "smart“ voice assistant and features.

I think the voice is probably not Alexa, but an announcement from a WiiM device. The red flashing LED indicates some kind of error and you should contact support.

1000002178.jpg

I think the voice is probably not Alexa, but an announcement from a WiiM device. The red flashing LED indicates some kind of error and you should contact support.
Yes, it blinked just like they say: reset to factory default. (White/Red).
I'll keep an eye on it. If it repeats, I'll report the error.

Yes, it blinked just like they say: reset to factory default. (White/Red).
I'll keep an eye on it. If it repeats, I'll report the error.
WiiM may factory reset when it loses its internet connection.

WiiM may factory reset when it loses its internet connection.
I don't think so. There are people who want to use wiim amo exclusively locally, offline. And if they do, that's an extreme bug.

I don't think so. There are people who want to use wiim amo exclusively locally, offline. And if they do, that's an extreme bug.
I've experienced it a few times with my WiiM pro. Unplugging the LAN cable may cause it to reset.

The remote wouldn’t have been involved unless you had specifically held down the microphone button and spoken. Without doing that, there’s no interaction between you and any voice assistant.

The remote wouldn’t have been involved unless you had specifically held down the microphone button and spoken. Without doing that, there’s no interaction between you and any voice assistant.
I was thinking that's the way it should be.

I was wondering if a cat could somehow do it. Because when I noticed the reset, the cat was there.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I was wondering if a cat could somehow do it. Because when I noticed the reset, the cat was there.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Maybe the cat disturbed the power cable if it wasn’t firmly seated in its socket which caused the unit to short and reset itself?

I doubt the cat pressed the microphone button and asked “play ‘what’s new pussycat?’” 🤣

While there might not be any evidence in the logs, it might still be worthwhile reporting this thru a ticket to WiiM as while it might be possible for external factors to reboot the WiiM, they shouldn’t cause a reset.

:)
hmmm, no… the power cable it is tightly inserted to the stop. I'm careful with the cables.
If he does it again, I'll report it.

Back