Clicks (audible pop noise) in the sound...

PatriX

Major Contributor
Hello,
I noticed that during various interactions - with the controls via the app on the phone, also via remote control, there is a clicking or popping sound (I don't know how to describe the sound - about 0.1s "tck"). It sounds like a discharge of static electricity.
It happens when changing the volume and also when stopping / starting playback...
I'm playing, change the volume - I hear "tck". I press "stop" - I hear "tck". I press "start" - I hear "tck".
It doesn't always happen, but it almost always happens. (about 80% of the time)

I assume it's not a bug, just a feature and there's no point in solving it?

(sorry for my english)

I think I've found the correct English translation of that sound - "audiable pop noise"

Hello,
I noticed that during various interactions - with the controls via the app on the phone, also via remote control, there is a clicking or popping sound (I don't know how to describe the sound - about 0.1s "tck"). It sounds like a discharge of static electricity.
It happens when changing the volume and also when stopping / starting playback...
I'm playing, change the volume - I hear "tck". I press "stop" - I hear "tck". I press "start" - I hear "tck".
It doesn't always happen, but it almost always happens. (about 80% of the time)

I assume it's not a bug, just a feature and there's no point in solving it?

(sorry for my english)
Yes, my WiiM amp also has popping. It mainly occurs when switching inputs.

Also, noise is emitted during play/stop playback from Line in. There is also a crackling sound at the start of playback. However, this is not a problem when streaming directly on the AMP.

Please submit a support ticket from the app feedback immediately after the noise occurs.
I do too.

I thought it was only happening to me. :)
I don't want to send a support ticket yet, I think they know about the problem. I will wait for the next firmware. And if it's a HW problem, I'll let it go.

I thought it was only happening to me. :)
I don't want to send a support ticket yet, I think they know about the problem. I will wait for the next firmware. And if it's a HW problem, I'll let it go.
If you have an issue, it’s always better to submit a ticket even if you think WiiM already know about the issue. For one thing, there may be evidence in your log file that is peculiar to your way of using the product, and secondly the more people who do report an issue gives WiiM evidence of its scale.

@WiiMTeam has contacted me about this.
Thanks. ☺️
-------------
We want to inform you that the problem you're experiencing with your WiiM device is indeed a bug. Our team is actively working on resolving it. We appreciate your patience as we work towards this solution and encourage you to stay tuned for the upcoming update.
-------------

Today's update firmware seems to have fixed the pop noise when changing the volume. Super, thank you 👍🏻
It still pop noise when playing from network - DLNA / Tidal (start, stop, change track)

Today's update firmware seems to have fixed the pop noise when changing the volume. Super, thank you 👍🏻
It still pop noise when playing from network - DLNA / Tidal (start, stop, change track)
I also noticed that I sometimes hear popping noises on Amazon Music. I hope the @WiiM Team will solve this problem soon. 🙂

Strangely, rather louder pops than before for me, when changing the volume through WiiM Home App using my smartphone's volume up and down buttons. :( Not problems at all when using the hardware remote.

Using the slider within the app gives no pops, but isn't continuous, unfortunately. All very much acceptable, though.

Strangely, rather louder pops than before for me, when changing the volume through WiiM Home App using my smartphone's volume up and down buttons. :( Not problems at all when using the hardware remote.

Using the slider within the app gives no pops, but isn't continuous, unfortunately. All very much acceptable, though.
Luckily, I have to withdraw that statement.

After performing a full power circle on the amp, all pop or click noises when changing the volume (no matter how) seem to have disappeared. Well done, Wiim.

Except for the part that even hitting the reboot button in the WiiM Home App did not reveal the improvement, but only switching power off and on again (which is a good habit from time to time in my book, anyway).

Last edited:
Luckily, I have to withdraw that statement.

After performing a full power circle on the amp, all pop or click noises when changing the volume (no matter how) seem to have disappeared. Well done, Wiim.

Except for the part that even hitting the reboot button in the WiiM Home App did not reveal the imporvement, but only switching power off and on again (which is a good habit from time to time in my book, anyway).
I have mine on a smart plug and turn it off overnight, so mine in effect is power cycled each day.

Curious to know if this phenomenon occurs with headphone plugged to the downstream amp? Have you tried different line-ins if that is an option.

I have mine on a smart plug and turn it off overnight, so mine in effect is power cycled each day.
I'm keeping my home strictly dumb and the WiiM Amp, being in my sleeping room, rather runs overnight but gets switched off over the course of the day. Standby power consumption is really low, though (since the firmware has been fixed).

Last edited:
Same issue for me when switching tracks on my AMP. A crackling noise happening also when streaming via AirPlay or Chromecast. Using a silver PCB v5 unit.

Is it indeed a hardware issue and should I contact my seller?

Same issue for me when switching tracks on my AMP. A crackling noise happening also when streaming via AirPlay or Chromecast. Using a silver PCB v5 unit.

Is it indeed a hardware issue and should I contact my seller?
Apart from the above statement to which I haven’t received confirmation to my question, I’m not aware of it being a hardware issue. I hear no such crackling on mine.

I’d raise a ticket to WiiM asap thru the settings/ feedback section of the WiiM app so they can inspect your device log for evidence.

Thanks, I will open a ticket.

Can you tell the color and PCB version of your AMP?

The issue on mine was also especially tested with streaming via Youtube Music and Emby, both with Chromecast/Airplay. I will also try to see if the issue happens with more apps.

New firmware and cracking (pop noise) still unfixed. Tidal still cracks when switching tracks. The others are pointless to try, just not fixed.

Back