App won’t link 2 WiiM’s

JCDinTO

I just purchased my second WiiM and set it up on the app. One is for the living room the other for the bedroom. I can now see both devices, and can operate them independently with no problem in the App or in Spotify. However, if I try to link them the App walks me through the steps to synchronize play but when I add the second device to join in, the second device takes over and the first one goes silent. Suggestions?

I just purchased my second WiiM and set it up on the app. One is for the living room the other for the bedroom. I can now see both devices, and can operate them independently with no problem in the App or in Spotify. However, if I try to link them the App walks me through the steps to synchronize play but when I add the second device to join in, the second device takes over and the first one goes silent. Suggestions?
You mention spotify, but what are you playing / how are you casting when it does this?
Put another way, the only times I've had similar was when chromecasting to one wiim.

After linking the two Minis, does the device screen in the WiiM app look like this?

Screenshot_2024-04-01-09-54-44-030_com.linkplay.wiimhome-edit.jpg

The normal operation on my device is as follows.

• Tap the link icon in the device card of the WiiM amp that is currently playing Spotify and add the Wiim mini.
  • Spotify music doesn't stop, it seamlessly switches to multi-room playback.
  • When I link two devices, I won't be guided through AutoSync.
  • Mini will disappear from the list of devices in Spotify connect.

After linking the two Minis, does the device screen in the WiiM app look like this?

View attachment 6045

The normal operation on my device is as follows.

• Tap the link icon in the device card of the WiiM amp that is currently playing Spotify and add the Wiim mini.
  • Spotify music doesn't stop, it seamlessly switches to multi-room playback.
  • When I link two devices, I won't be guided through AutoSync.
  • Mini will disappear from the list of devices in Spotify connect.
IMG_8535.png
So…new development, the living room seems to disconnect after closing the app. So maybe the issue is related to this?

Once I get both devices online the screen looks similar to the pic I attached but both are online.

You mention spotify, but what are you playing / how are you casting when it does this?
Put another way, the only times I've had similar was when chromecasting to one wiim.
If I understand the question (cause I’m new to this stuff) I’m casting it over wifi.

If I understand the question (cause I’m new to this stuff) I’m casting it over wifi.
Sort of...
I was trying to ascertain whether this only happened in specific circumstances, e.g. maybe using something like qobuz or deezer from their own apps.
As @Wiimer implies, "if I try to link them the App walks me through the steps to synchronize play" seems wrong / unusual.
I'm assuming you are pressing the link icon (which still looks a bit like a paperclip to me!) to link them?
i.e. if playig music on Bedroom then press the link icon in the top right of that panel and add living room (when both are available).
And if you do get that working, note that you need to press the link icon again to deselect the 2nd wiim to unlink them.

View attachment 6046
So…new development, the living room seems to disconnect after closing the app. So maybe the issue is related to this?

Once I get both devices online the screen looks similar to the pic I attached but both are online.

From the image you attached, it looks like there are some problems. Can you find any hints by tapping on the two icons I indicated by the red arrows?

IMG_20240401_114213.jpg

Back