Wiim amp and Spotify and AirPlay 2

Paulelder

Hi guys

New to the forum so be gentle 😀 purchase two amps set up no problem, I have set them up in a local bar, what I’m trying to achieve is to play the same music in the two different rooms and control it with the iPad. I can select the music in Spotify but it won’t play in both locations at the same time it’s either one or the other. I can use the AirPlay icon that way I can play it both locations at the same time. I take this is a restriction on Spotify? If anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated

Yeah, Spotify has no knowledge of Linkplay/WiiM groups. As an alternative to AirPlay, you could use the Google Home app to put the WiiMs into a ChromeCast group and use Spotify Connect to cast to that too. Quality wise, as Spotify is lossy anyway, I doubt there’d be much difference.

Hi thanks for the reply, unfortunately it will need to be AirPlay. With Spotify connect can you do more than one device at time. I can see the wiim in the Spotify app but it only let me play one device at a time, if I select AirPlay on the iPad then I can both amps from there via AirPlay

Hi thanks for the reply, unfortunately it will need to be AirPlay. With Spotify connect can you do more than one device at time. I can see the wiim in the Spotify app but it only let me play one device at a time, if I select AirPlay on the iPad then I can both amps from there via AirPlay
As I said, if you have ChromeCast enabled on both devices and group them together in the Google Home app, then that group will appear as a target in the Spotify app - when you select that group there, you can choose to use Spotify Connect or ChromeCast.

I have two WiiM Pro+'s but I assume they work the same as the Amp when it comes to Spotify Connect. You can connect from the Spotify app to one of them and use the WiiM app to link both devices together. Works very well.

Although most of the time I use the other option mentioned here, create a Chromecast group using the Google Home app and cast to that group from Spotify. I also have a couple of Google speakers and configured these to use the WiiM chromecast group as default music device. Now I can just ask Google Assistant to play sometime on Spotify and I can hear it wherever I am in the house.

Thankyou for the replies. I think for simplicity as it’s all been set up for customers business that I will use the wiim amp to link the devices

Back