Audirvana can't find WiiM mini as plaback device

bird

Hello,

currently I'm trying Audirvana as my central music manager.
Apparently the WiiM should be a supported playback device but I can't see it in the Audirvana application.
I am in the same network and i also did a scan of new network devices.
Is there something I need to set up first or a setting I am missing?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Bird,

Please make sure the WiiM and your PC with Audirvana are on the same network. WiiM can be seen as the UPNP and Chromecast receiver device to Audirvana. I attached one screenshot for you to look over. Thank you!

1687814932024.png

bird said they were in the same network already

@bird check whether the WiFi settings on your router have anything like “client isolation” enabled. It might be called something else and only some routers have it but the effect is to block wireless devices from talking to other things on your network. This is unlikely to be the cause but worth a thought.

In general terms it can take up to a few minutes for UPnP discovery to happen.

Thank you for the help!
The WiiM is connected to a repeater. If my MacBook is connected to the same repeater I don't see the WiiM. But if i switch to the main router on my MacBook and leave the WiiM in the repeater I can stream to it. Somehow strange but it works.

Thank you for the help!
The WiiM is connected to a repeater. If my MacBook is connected to the same repeater I don't see the WiiM. But if i switch to the main router on my MacBook and leave the WiiM in the repeater I can stream to it. Somehow strange but it works.
That suggests the repeater has wireless client isolation on it! Anyway glad you have sorted.

Quite sure this is a repeater for my repeated "warnings" on repeaters. Especially in audio but also in business I avoid them like the devil the holy water. The price you pay for a few centimeters more range is a significant reduced bandwidth and reliability. For audio purposes I only trust in ethernet. Wireless from tablet to streamer but from that point cables are my choice. I tried WiiM the moment they launched the Pro with ethernet. I am aware that wireless is a convenient way, but if we write about high quality audio here...

lol - I just spent a ridiculous amount of time and effort to get wired ethernet into the room with my 2nd pro.
Can't say I've noticed any benefit at all for the wiim, but the playstation likes it much better (ping times, latency etc. much more stable).

Ok, may be my German nature teaches me every time to be prepared. 😉
Just to avoid possible noticeable disadvantages 😝

Quite sure this is a repeater for my repeated "warnings" on repeaters. Especially in audio but also in business I avoid them like the devil the holy water. The price you pay for a few centimeters more range is a significant reduced bandwidth and reliability. For audio purposes I only trust in ethernet. Wireless from tablet to streamer but from that point cables are my choice. I tried WiiM the moment they launched the Pro with ethernet. I am aware that wireless is a convenient way, but if we write about high quality audio here...
I usually prefer ethernet too but in my current flat there are no ethernet ports, so I have to resort to Wlan with repeater.

@bird
Of course there will be situations that do not allow the cable. It was meant for people who have a choice. We are writing about homeopathic differences in sound quality and ditches and breaks. No one will prove me a wireless solution is as reliable and stable as a simple cable. As @Mr Ee posted he noticed f.e. a better connection to his Playstation. So one can expect ethernet has advantages also for a streamer....

Yes sure. I have my music collection on a Raspberry Pi with a connected hard drive which is connected to the ethernet. Browsing through the library via DLNA is very fast and playback to a wireless device is also reliable. I think if I had the Pi connected through Wlan there would be some problems.

Yes sure. I have my music collection on a Raspberry Pi with a connected hard drive which is connected to the ethernet. Browsing through the library via DLNA is very fast and playback to a wireless device is also reliable. I think if I had the Pi connected through Wlan there would be some problems.
What DLNA server are you running on the Pi?

I use MiniDLNA. It works really good with my ca. 35.000 tracks library and can also handle videos and photos. Full-HD Video streaming via UPNP to my AppleTV also works pretty good.

Back