Automation with Home Assistant

Pokerbarlo

If anyone from WiiM is reading this. I am sure this advice will bring in a lot of sales and beat Bluesound Node to a pulp. Since your target market are the more technical, practical and objective side of the home audio industry. Who like science good measurements and technical data. It would be wise to target the same type of people in the Smart Home Automation side of things. I am part of both.

Most objective, technical and practical Smart Home Enthusiats use Home Assistant because it is open source and works with high quality low priced devices like Zigbee. If you guys can get your streamers integrated into the Home Assistant eco system wherein clients can create automations that trigger certain songs or playlists in any music zone in their house I am sure you will be selling more than 3 to unlimited units per client.

Imagine these scenarios:
1. Home intrusion triggers motion, window, door and camera sensors then Home Assistant plays Highway to hell in all zones at high volume.
2. Person forgets to turn off the oven, stove or some appliance the Home Assistant plays a certain song in whichever room the client is as a reminder.
3. At a certain time Home Assitant plays dinner playlist at the dinning room zone

Automation with Home Assistant and other smart devices can be endless.

@onlyoneme Just curious if the Beta fork has support for displaying input sources. I would have a use case for checking the source before running an action so hoping that may come soon. Thanks for your work on this.

@onlyoneme Just curious if the Beta fork has support for displaying input sources. I would have a use case for checking the source before running an action so hoping that may come soon. Thanks for your work on this.
Not yet. I have a build which supports it

1682266404736.png
but it's still in my internal tests. I hope I'll publish it soon.

Any word on a release? I was contemplating attempting to write my own, but then I found this thread I’d be happy to beta test or contribute pull requests.

I have already put the very limited ability that exists to good use. I was annoyed that my Denon AVR wouldn't auto switch to the Wiim input when the Wiim started playing

HA fixed it. It can at least detect that the wiim is playing and send a command to change the Denon to the Wiim input.

Now I have the news go off in the morning on an alarm clock and it plays in every room of the house. Without HA the Denon would likely be sitting on the Roku input doing nothing.

@onlyoneme -- Are you still active here? If so, I would very much like to kick around whether it's possible to add some functionality to your integration but don't know quite enough yet to contribute. Hoping to pick your brain about the exact capabilities of the WiiM Pro's exposed API so I can look at whether it's possible to fully drive DLNA browsing/playing via API or not.

+1 for home assistant integration. I'm looking to replace all my Chromecast Audios and Wiim Pro / Plus seem like the best bet, but would want player and tts/announcement support.

+1 for home assistant integration. I'm looking to replace all my Chromecast Audios and Wiim Pro / Plus seem like the best bet, but would want player and tts/announcement support.
Hi all

So you can't do TTS at all with wiim? Shame

I'm choosing between wiim amp (6-12 of them) for my whole home audio solution as I am renovating.

But I'm a pretty avid home assistant user as most here. And it's probably a deal breaker if I can't control it in ha.

Does this integration not allow TTS. Can it let you control basics st least ? Like Volume? https://github.com/onlyoneme/home-assistant-custom-components-wiim

Or does wiim amps come up as Chromecasts in HA?

I can't seem to find answers on these questions.

Thanks all

Hi djseek,

WiiM devices support Text-to-Speech (TTS) playback. To assist you better, please share details about your use case, including whether the TTS files are pre-stored or if you need the WiiM to generate TTS from your text. Providing a detailed use case will enable our team to recommend the most suitable approach. Thank you for considering the WiiM Amp for your renovation project.

The WiiM Amps also come up as Chromecasts when enabling the Chromecast audio support in the WiiM Home App.

Hi djseek,

WiiM devices support Text-to-Speech (TTS) playback. To assist you better, please share details about your use case, including whether the TTS files are pre-stored or if you need the WiiM to generate TTS from your text. Providing a detailed use case will enable our team to recommend the most suitable approach. Thank you for considering the WiiM Amp for your renovation project.

The WiiM Amps also come up as Chromecasts when enabling the Chromecast audio support in the WiiM Home App.
Thank you very much. I essentially send text from home assistant (node red ) for announcements. Not from files.

Can you confirm if the Chromecast appear in home assistant?

Also it doesn't say if you can cast YouTube music. Seems like you would be able to but it doesn't actually specify that on the product page.

Thanks again

Thank you very much. I essentially send text from home assistant (node red ) for announcements. Not from files.

Can you confirm if the Chromecast appear in home assistant?

Also it doesn't say if you can cast YouTube music. Seems like you would be able to but it doesn't actually specify that on the product page.

Thanks again
Hi djseek,

Thank you for sharing your use case involving Home Assistant (HA).

As I'm not well-versed with HA, I'm unable to confirm whether Chromecast audio will be visible in HA.

However, I can confirm that YouTube Music casting is supported once Chromecast is enabled, along with casting from hundreds of other Chromecast-enabled applications.

@onlyoneme, after HA 2024.5.0 core update, wiim integration is complaining about async_register call. I 'fixed' it renaming async_register to _async_register in __init.py, but proper fix would be welcome.
Thank you!

I currently have the linkplay integration installed in HA but I can't get multiroom to work. As I have several WiiM pros I thought I'd have a look on this fork. However, the repo seems a bit old? The version I'm seeing is 0.3.6 dating back to June 2023. Is there a newer version as you've mentioned "latest beta code" a couple of posts above this?

If so, does your version support multiroom in combination with the mini-media-card?

Use the latest code available in the beta branch, not the latest release which is fairly old. But you won't find a multiroom support in this component, you should rather use an original one from nagyrobi if you need it
or maybe another fork.

Back