Bluetooth Receiver FiiO BTR3K: Codec SBC instead of AAC

jxrxme

Major Contributor
Hi all,
I've connected my bluetooth receiver FiiO BTR3K to the WiiM Pro Plus.
The receiver supports supports AAC, SBC, aptX, aptX LL, aptX HD and LDAC audio format.
And if I connect it directly to my iOS device the codec AAC is "negotiated" (like expected).
But not with WiiM Pro Plus. Only SBC is selected. I've submitted a support ticket via the app.
While waiting for a response I'm curious if anybody successfully uses the AAC audio format via bluetooth with a WiiM Pro (Plus)?

IMG_9036 (1).jpeg

The WiiM Pro+ plays music from DLNA and transmits it via BT SBC to my FiiO BTR3K BT receiver (who is connected to wired headphones)
Ok this way..
Isn't it possible to connect a BT transmitter to the Wiim and let this device send a AAC codec?
Ok you will have to invest in such a device..
But then you can use you're setup as you wish and you can also use Aptx, aptxhd, aptxll...
So it could be worth the investment.

Last edited:
That's exactly what I did now. Nice LDAC connection so far.

IMG_9038.jpeg
But no seamless playback if switching from Line Out (Amp/Speakers) to Optical Out (BT transmitter) since every time I switch the audio output the playback is completely reset (like the WiiM Pro+ just started). Doesn't matter if playing from DLNA, Chromecast or network stream.
Not nice at all!

That's exactly what I did now. Nice LDAC connection so far.

View attachment 5871
But no seamless playback if switching from Line Out (Amp/Speakers) to Optical Out (BT transmitter) since every time I switch the audio output the playback is completely reset (like the WiiM Pro+ just started). Doesn't matter if playing from DLNA, Chromecast or network stream.
Not nice at all!
I may be wrong but I recall WiiM saying they may look into rectifying the clearing of the play queue between switching outputs - nonetheless you should raise a ticket thru the feedback section in the app so bring the issue back to their attention

I may be wrong but I recall WiiM saying they may look into rectifying the clearing of the play queue between switching outputs - nonetheless you should raise a ticket thru the feedback section in the app so bring the issue back to their attention
Customer support told me that this behavior is intended and not considered as bug:

Please be informed that the behavior you've observed is not a bug but rather a default setting of our device. When switching from one output to another, the current playback content is cleared, and the device automatically switches its input mode to WiFi.

Maybe you want to support/boost my feature request 'Retain playback when switching outputs':
https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/retain-playback-when-switching-outputs.3193/

Back