Bubbleupnp showing two pros?

The first one is the UPnP renderer, the other is a Chromecast renderer which is capped at 24/96 and does not play gapless.
Chromecast isn’t capped at 24/96 for me using BubbleUPNP, I’ve been able to cast Qobuz at 24/192 as per the attached screenshot

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230716-083747_Original.png
    Screenshot_20230716-083747_Original.png
    540.5 KB · Views: 9
Chromecast isn’t capped at 24/96 for me using BubbleUPNP, I’ve been able to cast Qobuz at 24/192 as per the attached screenshot
Hot damn, works for me too!

So the original limitation of 24/96 from Chromecast was likely just a Google thing to control the quality of the UX with their Chromecast devices such as the CCA then?

If I remember correctly Qobuz engineers said that Chromecast protocol is not stable for rates above 96 kHz. Maybe that's why it was limited by Google in the past.

Hot damn, works for me too!

So the original limitation of 24/96 from Chromecast was likely just a Google thing to control the quality of the UX with their Chromecast devices such as the CCA then?
Yeah, it could well have been that. While Qobuz recently said their app caps it at 24/96, a while back they said “you can stream Qobuz in Hi-Res to devices compatible with this service (in 24-bit at 96 kHz in most cases and up to 24-bit at 192 kHz on some devices)” on one of their own webpages at https://help.qobuz.com/en/articles/10206-how-do-i-experience-hi-res-on-android

Back