Pro or Pro+?

Hollywood

Major Contributor
Since the Squeezelite update, I have the system I wanted and it actually works! At first I had an issue where linked WiiMs had a delay, but an LMS restart fixed that. The skipping/jumping is also fixed, but it all that revolves around the new firmware, so to truly enjoy my system(s) I will replace my Mini and 2 AudioCast units for Pros.

The Pros are overkill for the garage, patio, and bathroom, but I will get them so all of the WiiMs integrate properly. My three existing Pros output digitally to a DSP, and then to nice amps and tower speakers.

Since I need to acquire 3 more Pros, I was wondering if there is any advantage to swapping the Pros on the good systems for a Pro Plus? Since I am not using the WiiM internal DAC, my understanding is they are otherwise the same. Any thoughts before I order? And I am waiting for one replacement to see if the WiiM Amp would be a better option for one area, but I am ALL IN on WiiM (Pros)!

Thanks!

If you don’t plan to use the internal DAC in the WiiM devices, or don’t plan to use the better spec analogue inputs on the Pro Plus, then Pros will suffice.

If you don’t plan to use the internal DAC in the WiiM devices, or don’t plan to use the better spec analogue inputs on the Pro Plus, then Pros will suffice.
thanks. just ordered 2 more Pros. waiting on the 3rd to see if the upcoming WiiM Amp is better then the Fosi one I have now.

Pro with external DAC.
Fosi BT20A Pro (48V powered) is a great amplifier.

Zum besseren Verständnis. Für was brauche ich eine Fernbedienung? Ich streame über die Amazon App und schalte hier weiter.
Ich frage mich auch für was ein kleiner WiiM Verstärker gut sein soll. Ich habe eine teuere Anlage mit noch teuereren Lautsprechern herumstehen. Hier wird immer wieder von tollen Messdaten gesprochen. Bit für Bit muß sein. Die Auflösung kann nicht hoch genug sein. Und da soll dann das über einen kleinen WiiM Verstärker, vermutlich über kleine Lautsprecher ausgegeben werden. Glaubt ihr wirklich, dass das dann HighEnd sein soll.
Bitte nehmt mir das jetzt nicht übel. Vielleicht bin ich zu kritisch, aber denke Ich irgendwo falsch?

Zum besseren Verständnis. Für was brauche ich eine Fernbedienung? Ich streame über die Amazon App und schalte hier weiter.
Ich frage mich auch für was ein kleiner WiiM Verstärker gut sein soll. Ich habe eine teuere Anlage mit noch teuereren Lautsprechern herumstehen. Hier wird immer wieder von tollen Messdaten gesprochen. Bit für Bit muß sein. Die Auflösung kann nicht hoch genug sein. Und da soll dann das über einen kleinen WiiM Verstärker, vermutlich über kleine Lautsprecher ausgegeben werden. Glaubt ihr wirklich, dass das dann HighEnd sein soll.
Bitte nehmt mir das jetzt nicht übel. Vielleicht bin ich zu kritisch, aber denke Ich irgendwo falsch?
It's all about use case, and it seems neither the remote nor amp fit your use case.

It's all about use case, and it seems neither the remote nor amp fit your use case.
Agree. This is a device made for my third system
(But it also has the potential to be promoted to the first system.) 🙂

Agree. This is a device made for my third system
(But it also has the potential to be promoted to the first system.) 🙂
Yeah, if I didn't already have my 'pro3' setup below, I'd probably hang out for the amp to give it a whirl.

Back