built in alexa control

sminnick

they have it for the "wake up"...why not add Built in Alexa voice control for the WIIM or WIIM Pro???...would make integration far less complicated when using with other echo devices...

You’ve got that with the WiiM remote, but it would be good if they enhanced what Alexa commands it already has (minimal if I recall). However, they’d have to be careful as some users have an aversion (ill informed and borderline paranoid in my opinion and experience) about a device with an inbuilt voice assistant - it might turn off more users than it would attract.

Last edited:
I hear ya on the WIIM remote but you have to have remote "in hand" with button pushed...yea I know it sounds lazy and what is one extra step...but thats exactly my point...why have the extra step? just build it in already! :)

I believe that Amazon only allows genuine alexa devices to have voice activation. Everything else needs a button press.

Nope, just depends on the device. Plenty of 3P devices with "Alexa Hands-Free".

Any examples?
Examples / Sonos speakers that have Alexa built in …. Era 100 and era 300 (Many third party speakers with built in Alexa ). The wiim wake up has Alexa built in … don’t believe there is a button push either for this

Last edited:
JBL Authentics too. You might not be able to change the wake word from Alexa, but the ability to use hands free Alexa has been available on third party devices for a while.

Back