Can't use Chromecast

Galaxy499

Hello, either from my phone (iOs Youtube) or from the MacOs Qobuz application, using Chromecast is impossible (chromecast Code : "199172").
I'm surprised no one is talking about this because I've tried everything so maybe I'm missing something obvious!
However, I think ChromeCast works when I use WiiM Home on my phone since it becomes a simple remote control (I can cut the connection without the music stopping).
Do you also have this problem outside the Wiim Home application?

Thanks Brantome, I installed Google Home App to check if the device was visible.
I tried to add it several times, it didn't find it... Then the WiiM Pro was anyway displayed in the list of connected devices.
I don't know what happened but now it works! Many thanks :)

Chromecast works ok for me. Did you set it up for your Pro in the WiiM app, and then see the Pro appearing in the Google Home app?
Hello - I am also having issues connecting Qobuz from Desktop or iOS to the Wiim Pro Plus. I only use Mac /iPad/ iPhone. Any tips on how I can fix this connection issue? I've never used Chromecast and I don't know what the Google Home App is!

No desktop user. But ipad worked perfect for me with Qobuz. Not sure you are aware that for now no Connect functionality like Tidal or Spotify exists? Out of the Qobuz app you only will have Chromecast. With a few limitations for resolution and gapless playback. How far are you with the setup of Qobuz in the browser section of the WiiM app?

No desktop user. But ipad worked perfect for me with Qobuz. Not sure you are aware that for now no Connect functionality like Tidal or Spotify exists? Out of the Qobuz app you only will have Chromecast. With a few limitations for resolution and gapless playback. How far are you with the setup of Qobuz in the browser section of the WiiM app?
I've set it up in the WiiM app. And it works fine from within the WiiM app. The issue is when I try to connect from the Qobuz app - but perhaps that is down to the fact that there is not yet any connect functionality like Tidal or Spotify ??

I've set it up in the WiiM app. And it works fine from within the WiiM app. The issue is when I try to connect from the Qobuz app - but perhaps that is down to the fact that there is not yet any connect functionality like Tidal or Spotify ??
Have you enabled chromecast for the device within the wiim app?
If so, when you try to cast from the qobuz app the wiim should appear as an option.

please my response linked above where I explain where the setting is.
Absolutely made up now. Thank you for taking the time to explain to a complete Chromecast noob how to do this. There is no way I would have figured that out on my own! I now have THE BEST streaming set up I've ever had, thanks to you. Have a wonderful rest of your weekend! ta! Adam

Back