Clicks & pops playing 352.8 kHz files on WiiM Pro Plus

madbrain

Hi,

I am playing a playlist of 32 352.8 kHz 24-bit PCM stereo files (converted from DSD, since the native DSD support is not there yet) onto my WiiM Pro Plus.

I am streaming them from JRiver Media Center 31 for Windows over DLNA.

For almost every file I play, in the last 3 seconds of the track, there are some audible clicks and pops. It happens even if I seek from the start to the end of the file, too. The rest of the tracks before the end always plays beautifully without any click or pop.

I don't believe it's a network issue - if it was, it would happen at different spots, not just always the end. FYI I'm using wired Ethernet - my main LAN is 10 Gbps, though the WiiM Pro is limited to 100 Mbps - the MC server is on 10Gbase-T. Thus this can't be and isn't caused by buffering.

Has anyone else tried to play 352.8 kHz 24-bit PCM stereo files, perhaps with other software ? And do you hear this issue ?

I think I can confirm the issue. It happens in the digital domain as some kind of interruption, especially at the beginning of the stream or between songs. Gaps can be visible here

1699399304332.png
or here

1699399328675.png

It didn't happen to me with LMS when squeezelite client had downsampled the stream to 176.4 kHz. Issue happens with DLNA when the WiiM converts the stream to 192 kHz.

Why you feeding the Wiim that higher resolution it doesn’t support anything higher than 192/24 for its streaming. Yes the DACs more capable but they haven’t built that into their software.

I think I can confirm the issue. It happens in the digital domain as some kind of interruption, especially at the beginning of the stream or between songs. Gaps can be visible here

View attachment 3256
or here

View attachment 3257

It didn't happen to me with LMS when squeezelite client had downsampled the stream to 176.4 kHz. Issue happens with DLNA when the WiiM converts the stream to 192 kHz.
Throughout/ buffering issue maybe?

Back