Configurable Preset Button

jeromeof

Major Contributor
I think a good new feature would be to allow different actions be configured against the preset button? E.g. the default could continue to be the preset stations or content but I think a few alternative options for this button might be as follows:
1. Switch between outputs?
I have both an optical output but also the analog configured and a simple button to toggle between outputs would be great?
2. Switch between inputs? Though with the auto sensing its maybe not as necessary
Especially with the better quality audio input on the Pro Plus I imagine people might want to plugin turntables?
3. Toggle EQ on and off?
Or maybe with the new PEQ features - this might cycle through a list of configured EQ/PEQ?

Anyway, just an idea?

I think a good new feature would be to allow different actions be configured against the preset button? E.g. the default could continue to be the preset stations or content but I think a few alternative options for this button might be as follows:
1. Switch between outputs?
I have both an optical output but also the analog configured and a simple button to toggle between outputs would be great?
2. Switch between inputs? Though with the auto sensing its maybe not as necessary
Especially with the better quality audio input on the Pro Plus I imagine people might want to plugin turntables?
3. Toggle EQ on and off?
Or maybe with the new PEQ features - this might cycle through a list of configured EQ/PEQ?

Anyway, just an idea?
I can follow your idea. To put it in general words, you might extend the preset fast access for many configuration parameters in one go.

This could maybe done by a (new) configuration/setup storage level, which comprises under a configuration/setup name the individual configuration of at least
- routing from the input (i.e. hardware input, preset, music source service or folder like favourites, last, etc for further selection )
- routing to the outputs (i.e. all output channels and linkplay configuration to other WiiMs including latency value)
- sound parameters like volume, EQ, mono, balance etc.
(e.g. - directly accessible at the front panel of the WiiM device or via remote control by pressing buttons 1-4 for long time).

I'm looking forward experiencing this fast access for a high versatile usage in the future.

Last edited:
Back