Connect echo show via bluetooth

servit00

Good morning. My request is to connect echo show to wiim amp so i can use wiim amp as bluetooth speaker. Since when i ask alexa to work on bedroom "titlexxx", alexa does not understand, i want be always connected with bluetooth so i ask echo show to play a song and wiim amp receiving bluetooth signal, works like speaker.
but i don't find wiim amp in searching from alexa app, even from echo dot, echo show. is possible that this setting are from another menu page? can anyone help me?

On my WiM Pro I have it in a "Living Room" group and simply ask "Alexa, play xxx (song or album) by yyyy (artist) in Living Room."

It works well except for albums with long titles.

Good morning. My request is to connect echo show to wiim amp so i can use wiim amp as bluetooth speaker. Since when i ask alexa to work on bedroom "titlexxx", alexa does not understand, i want be always connected with bluetooth so i ask echo show to play a song and wiim amp receiving bluetooth signal, works like speaker.
but i don't find wiim amp in searching from alexa app, even from echo dot, echo show. is possible that this setting are from another menu page? can anyone help me?
In the WiiM Home app, have you linked it under the Amazon Alexa entry? If you have done that, then it should be visible in the alexa app just as if it were a real echo.

See the first half of this post (up to where it talks about the echo link) re the use of a WiiM device with Alexa - using Bluetooth is the last thing you want to do…

My request is different from the proposed solutions, perhaps I didn't explain myself well. I try to be more convincing: I would like to use wiim amp as a bluetooth speaker on my echo show. To do this I need to connect echo show to wiim amp via bluetooth pairing. This is not possible because alexa echo show does NOT find wiim amp as a bluetooth device and there is no solution on wiim amp. Now, considering that there is no solution, I open an implementation request on the forum even though I see that the company is not that interested in solving users' needs.

My request is different from the proposed solutions, perhaps I didn't explain myself well. I try to be more convincing: I would like to use wiim amp as a bluetooth speaker on my echo show. To do this I need to connect echo show to wiim amp via bluetooth pairing. This is not possible because alexa echo show does NOT find wiim amp as a bluetooth device and there is no solution on wiim amp. Now, considering that there is no solution, I open an implementation request on the forum even though I see that the company is not that interested in solving users' needs.
I was able to connect my Echo and WiiM amp via Bluetooth. After switching the audio input to Bluetooth in the WiiM app, simply pair the WiiM amp in the Alexa app. The name (WiiM amp) is not displayed. What is displayed is the device MAC.

But I don't understand why you need to use an Echo. I'm playing music from my WiiM amp on Spotify connect.

Edit;
Sorry, I noticed that you didn't mention Spotify. What is your source?

this step how can i do? from phone without remote? "switching the audio input to Bluetooth in the WiiM app"?
because if i have to request a long named song, the alexa echo show does not work and play song on itself

this step how can i do? from phone without remote? "switching the audio input to Bluetooth in the WiiM app"?
because if i have to request a long named song, the alexa echo show does not work and play song on itself
Can we first clarify why you prefer using lower quality Bluetooth from your Echo Show rather than the methods described in the link above which while giving better quality would also get round the issue with long Alexa requests? (On a side note, have you enabled Adaptive Listening on your Echo Show which helps with longer requests?)

In the WiiM app, change the Audio Input to Bluetooth. Alternatively, use the input toggle button on the remote control.

Screenshot_2024-04-11-16-17-09-905_com.linkplay.wiimhome-edit.jpg

When you start pairing your Echo show in the Alexa app, you will see the device MAC of your WiiM amp as shown below. Tap it to pair it, and "WiiM amp" will appear in the list from now on.

IMG_20240411_161939.jpg

This is the device MAC that appears in the WIIM app. In practice, the numbers at the end may vary.
IMG_20240411_162100.jpg

If you wish to only use Bluetooth, then try these steps which I’ve just done from my gen 2 Echo Show to my WiiM Amp downstairs.

First, in the WiiM Home app, select the cog settings icon for your WiiM Amp, then under its Audio Input, choose Bluetooth. This puts it into pairing mode.

Then on your Echo Show, swipe down on the screen and select settings, then Bluetooth. Use the round refresh icon to get the Echo to scan for new devices, then select the WiiM Amp when it appears.

Where in the above process does your attempt fail?

…but i don't find wiim amp in searching from alexa app, even from echo dot, echo show. is possible that this setting are from another menu page? can anyone help me?
1. If you are using the Alexa app, have you linked your WiiM Home app to Alexa by using the Amazon Alexa entry on the main browse page and entering your Amazon username and password. If you’ve done that, the WiiM appears as a device under Echo&Alexa in the Alexa app.
2. Normally when using an Echo Show, you don’t use the Alexa app for settings or configuration, that’s done on the Echo Show itself since it’s got a screen. That might explain why you were having no luck with the Alexa app

In the WiiM app, change the Audio Input to Bluetooth. Alternatively, use the input toggle button on the remote control.

View attachment 6368

When you start pairing your Echo show in the Alexa app, you will see the device MAC of your WiiM amp as shown below. Tap it to pair it, and "WiiM amp" will appear in the list from now on.

View attachment 6369

This is the device MAC that appears in the WIIM app. In practice, the numbers at the end may vary.
View attachment 6370
many thanks

When pairing from the Echo Show screen, I didn’t need to worry re MAC addresses etc, it happily found my amp by name viz.
IMG_8688.jpeg

PS this was after I disconnected the Bluetooth connection which worked ok…

When pairing from the Echo Show screen, I didn’t need to worry re MAC addresses etc, it happily found my amp by name viz.
View attachment 6371

PS this was after I disconnected the Bluetooth connection which worked ok…
for me does not worked to yesterday. today a try again

EDIT: from alexa app in search bluetooth device i don't find wiim amp even with mac address. Dies not appear. Instead every other bluetooth device is detected. Any help?

Last edited:
Back