Connecting alexa eco speaker

clarkydv

Hi, I am hoping someone may be able to help.

I have an Alexa eco dot speaker that I am trying to group with other speakers on the Wiim app. I have read other threads on connecting the Alexa speaker. On my Wiim app on the browse page, it shows Amazon music, but no option for Alexa. If I click on manage music services, Alexa doesn't show up in the list.

I am based in the UK if that is any relevance. Does anyone know why the Alexa option isn't showing under browse on the app please?

Cheers

First of all, you won’t be able to use the WiiM Home app to group other speakers/ devices with an echo, you need to do that in the Alexa app where you add the WiiM device to your echos in an Alexa MRM (multi room music) group.

However, to do that you will need to have linked your WiiM Home app with your Alexa account. On thé WiiM Home App main browse page, choose Manage against music services, and ensure that Amazon Alexa is selected there. After that return to the Browse page then choose Amazon Alexa and link your Alexa/Amazon account. After doing that , your WiiM device should appear in the Alexa app from where you can add it to an Alexa MRM group along with other echos.

Note that in doing that, you can ask Alexa to play on that group I.e. to play alexa supported services on your echos and Wiim device(s). It does /not/ allow you to select that group in the WiiM Home app (it won’t appear there for one thing) and play audio that the WiiM app supports to echo devices - that’s not supported/possible.

Also, ensure you are on the latest version of the app on your phone/tablet. Maybe even delete and re install it. If the option for Alexa doesn’t appear under manage against music services, raise a ticket via the feedback section in the WiiM app so they can inspect your device/app logs.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply and help on this. I have deleted and downloaded the Wiim app again. When I click on manage under music services, there is no option for Alexa, only for Amazon Music

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230829_193037_WiiM Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20230829_193037_WiiM Home.jpg
    689.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20230829_193029_WiiM Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20230829_193029_WiiM Home.jpg
    701.2 KB · Views: 9
On my iPad, Amazon Alexa appears at the top of the list, but on my android phone, it appears at the bottom after vTuner for some reason. Can you scroll down a little further to check?

Thanks, I have raised a ticket. Its an android phone. The two screenshots in my previous message show everything that I can see to the bottom of the page

Thanks, I have raised a ticket. Its an android phone. The two screenshots in my previous message show everything that I can see to the bottom of the page
Can you sign in from "Amazon Alexa settings" in my device settings?

Gear icon in device card > Amazon alexa settings

Sorry, do mean on the Wiim app? I can't see my device settings anywhere. I have the alexa app on my phone / I am signed in to it

Sorry, do mean on the Wiim app? I can't see my device settings anywhere. I have the alexa app on my phone / I am signed in to it

Yes, the WiiM app.

IMG_20230830_144636.jpg

Tap this gear to go to the device settings. Check if there is "Amazon alexa settings" in it.

I have a slightly different integration problem with Amazon Alexa. I have three WiiM Pros. I signed into Alexa on the WiiM Home App. The Alexa App on my iPhone sees one WiiM Pro, has my first name followed by "WiiM Pro". It does not have all three WiiM Pro's with their name.

When I click on the settings for Amazon Alexa under Browse on the WiiM Home App, it shows the name of the WiiM Pro that will be used for playing. The gear icon seems to only allow me to change the language. I am able to get Alexa to play to that WiiM Pro by saying "Play xxxx on Douglas' WiiM Pro".

I unlinked the WiiM Pro's. I verified that all three WiiM Pros have the same Alexa settings on their individual settings. But, I see no way to select which WiiM Pro will be connected via Alexa. I have no idea why one of my WiiM Pro was selected as the only WiiM Pro to be able to use Alexa. If I unlink all the WiiM Pros, Alexa only connects to one WiiM Pro. If I turn that WiiM Pro off, Alexa cannot use WiiM Pro as an output.

I logged out of Amazon Alexa on the WiiM Pro app and logged back in. It selected the exact same WiiM Pro as the only WiiM Pro as the source for sinking Alexa based sound.

The question is - how do I change which WiiM Pro will respond to Alexa commands? The best result is to allow me to specify the three different WiiM Pro by their name and will respond to Alexa commands with their WiiM Pro name and I decide which WiiM Pro's will be linked together via the WiiM Home app.

Last edited:
Turn them all off but one then rename it in the Alexa app, then turn on the second and third in turn, renaming them as they appear in the Alexa app.

Back