Disable Bluetooth transmiting

abramq

When someone want only to stream using Wi-Fi - the BT unit should be possibile to switch off, stopping its transmision, to keep the area "clean" of electro waves, of electro noice and to hide its presence for other eyes (neighbours for example)

Please add this function, Denon Ceol has it (for wifi, for BT)

Greetings!

When someone want only to stream using Wi-Fi - the BT unit should be possibile to switch off, stopping its transmision, to keep the area "clean" of electro waves, of electro noice and to hide its presence for other eyes (neighbours for example)

Please add this function, Denon Ceol has it (for wifi, for BT)

Greetings!
I don't understand 🤔. I have both Mini and Pro and both my devices have Blue Tooth Off. Disabled in WHA. The same for my DAX. I don't use BT. All works flawlessly over wi-fi and BT is Off. So?......🤔

Really is there such option? If yes - would be great!
Sorry, I am just going to buy this device, so I am not the user jet, I just red the manual, descriptions, opinions to be sure what I am buying 😀 I have not found an information that switching BT is possible (by the way - what is WHA? Where you switch it off?).
Thanks in advance!

WHA = Wiim home App.
I can't see a way to specifically disable bluetooth in the app, on android anyway,

Hmm, so... please if someone knows how to do it, let us know, the fate of my Christmas gift is in your hands 😉

Hmm, so... please if someone knows how to do it, let us know, the fate of my Christmas gift is in your hands 😉
WiiM Home App>Settings>Audio Input = WiFi
WiiM Home App>Settings>Audio Output = I have Optical Output and below i have Bluetooth Receiver - Disconnected and beside the voice Connect
Of course i have BT not active as in my Phone as in my Tablet
Hope this can help ;)

I don’t see any of my WiiM devices from my iPad as I’ve never switched them to their Bluetooth input, so it’s effectively off for me as they’re not discoverable.

I don’t see any of my WiiM devices from my iPad as I’ve never switched them to their Bluetooth input, so it’s effectively off for me as they’re not discoverable.
It sounds like the off option is default for BT?
But in other words - if you would like to stream by BT one day, can you see where to switch it on?

To switch it on, you either enable Bluetooth input under the Audio Input settings, or you turn on Bluetooth Receiver in the Audio Output settings. If you do neither (as I have), your WiiM devices aren’t visible to other Bluetooth devices.

Note however that on setup, you will need bluetooth turned on on the phone/tablet that runs the WiiM home app as that’s needed for initial discovery, but that’s separate from the input/output BT options described above.

It sounds like the off option is default for BT?
But in other words - if you would like to stream by BT one day, can you see where to switch it on?
I forgot. My DAX too have BT = Off. And yes, if you change your mind you can activate BT everywhwre. Phone-Tablet-DAX- and WHA
WHA>Settings>Audio Output = beside BT disconnected click Connect

WiiM Home App>Settings>Audio Input = WiFi
WiiM Home App>Settings>Audio Output = I have Optical Output and below i have Bluetooth Receiver - Disconnected and beside the voice Connect
Of course i have BT not active as in my Phone as in my Tablet
Hope this can help ;)
It has a sense. Unfortunately I can check it jet, maybe colleagues present in this thread can 😉
Anyway, I am a little surprised that is in Output section, because if someone want to stream, he send it, so the WiiM would be receiver, so would be working as Input... But of course I could be wrong :)

To sum up - you are great, great people and great product 😀 Thanks you all, for such quick and such solid answers! Going to order now, Merry Christmas to all and thank you once more!

As @Brantome says, you must have BT on for the first set up of the device
Must ask one more in this situation :) So if I switch off BT on WiiM as described here - it also switches off that part of BT trasmision module responsible for initializing?
Or there is a little "heart beating" BT transmission witch is alive always, to inform independently "under the skin" about living WiiM?

Must ask one more in this situation :) So if I switch off BT on WiiM as described here - it also switches off that part of BT trasmision module responsible for initializing?
Or there is a little "heart beating" BT transmission witch is alive always, to inform independently "under the skin" about living WiiM?
No, those functions are separate

All you need to set up is your phone's Bluetooth. In order for the WHA to discover the WiiM, the phone and the app use Bluetooth. After setup, you can turn off Bluetooth for your phone and apps.

WiiM devices can always receive connection requests from other Bluetooth devices. This is required for automatic connection. You can't completely turn off the WiiM's Bluetooth feature, but I don't think the WiiM will emit a signal unless you use Bluetooth input/output.

All you need to set up is your phone's Bluetooth. In order for the WHA to discover the WiiM, the phone and the app use Bluetooth. After setup, you can turn off Bluetooth for your phone and apps.

WiiM devices can always receive connection requests from other Bluetooth devices. This is required for automatic connection. You can't completely turn off the WiiM's Bluetooth feature, but I don't think the WiiM will emit a signal unless you use Bluetooth input/output.
A "weak" signal mus be transmitted in this way to make possible WiiM to be discoverable at any time, @Brantome post seems to confirm this.
Anyway, it is probably not big emission.

Back