Disable Chromecast

Achim1811

Major Contributor
A short one. I noticed that once Chromecast is enabled (by error, while playing around) in the settings there is no switch to disable it again. Because it is under the "voice" submenu...does it matter? I do not and will not use CC.
And because I had to learn that everything has an influence on everything I would like to have as less everything as possible 😉😉

Last edited:
A short one. I noticed that once Chromecast is enabled (by error, while playing around) in the settings there is no switch to disable it again. Because it is under the "voice" submenu...does it matter? I do not and will not use CC.
And because I had to learn that everything has an influence on everything I would like to have as less everything as possible 😉😉
Hi Achim1811,

Google doesn't allow disabling the Chromecast without the full device restore. Thus, please put the device to factory setting by "Pressing and holding" the Play button for 10 seconds until you hear the voice prompt "Restore to factory settings". Thank you!

Hi Achim1811,

Google doesn't allow disabling the Chromecast without the full device restore. Thus, please put the device to factory setting by "Pressing and holding" the Play button for 10 seconds until you hear the voice prompt "Restore to factory settings". Thank you!
Hi ,
I have done the factory reset, but in the start sequenze of the Wiim Pro Home app there was setting an "enabled" and there was no way to deselect this.

It will only be "enabled" the moment you select the "enable" button.

As long as it looks like this Chromecast is not active on your WiiM. So if you want to avoid any interferences with or by Chromecast stay away from the green word 😉

IMG_1173.png

Last edited:
Back