DLNA server does not show on Home Music Share,

aceinc

I have been fighting setting up my WiiM pro for two days. Initially I tried using Windows media player as a server. No luck, and none of my other devices execpt another PC could see it. I then downloaded JellyFin, configured it and after a bit I can see it from a Receiver & two TVs. They work with varying levels of success, but they work.

I can see the WiiM Pro from JellyFin and I can play to it from within JellyFin using DLNA protocol. However on the App on my phone, it does not show the JellyFin server.

What are the next steps in troubleshooting this issue?

Others have had issues with windows media player too.
Can you see it (the jellyfin media server) from another app, such as bubbleupnp on android or mconnect on android/apple?
Minimserver seems to be commonly recommended here - free version is generally sufficient.

Others have had issues with windows media player too.
Can you see it (the jellyfin media server) from another app, such as bubbleupnp on android or mconnect on android/apple?
Minimserver seems to be commonly recommended here - free version is generally sufficient.
The HiSense TV runs Android, and it seems to work, although it takes a while before it recognizes the JellyFin App. The Denon Heos and Marantz Heos systems seem to recognize the JellyFin app.

As I said in my original message, I can "cast" to the WiiM from JellyFin application So there is no specific network issue. It just does not "see" the JellyFin server on the network. The WiiM Pro does see the Heos devices however.

Well, I'd still recommend the bubleupnp app over the Wiim Home app for playing local files any day :)
Hopefully someone else will have some ideas when they wake up.

As mentioned, I’d try a more mainstream upnp server program such as Minimserver or Assetupnp, or use LMS and its upnp bridge plugin.
Again, can other client apps like Bubbleupnp on android or mConnect on iOS see the Jellyfin DLNA server (I’m assuming you’ve enabled that and are on the same subnet as your Wiim)?

I've nothing really to add other than to say that I have tested JellyFin and it was discoverable under WiiM's Home Music Share (once DLNA was configured), so it's nothing inherently wrong with the server.
It's also strange that you didn't have any joy with Windows Media Sharing. Whilst it's awful I've had no problems discovering it.

As has been suggested before, install BubbleUPnP on the phone you're installed the WiiM Home App on to see if it can see the JellyFin server. An added bonus of using BubbleUPnP is that you'll be able to cast to both the WiiM and your HEOS speakers (not multi-room obviously).

Back