Refresh items in local media server

andrewlee4

I have recently Installed a dlna media server and the WiiM app connects to it fine and plays the media it found on the first connection a week or so ago. Since then I’ve uploaded a large collection of media that I’ve ripped from my CD collection. These all work fine when playing on the local PC and I’ve copied them to the DLNA server but they’re not showing in the WiiM app is there any way to force the app to refresh what it can see on the server or should it not need to refresh it

The app doesn't cache album listings you'll need to perform a rescan from the server.
What server are you using?
Many thanks I thought that would be the case but wanted to confirm. I’ve just kicked off a rescan on the server. It’s MS server 2018 running on a HP microserver. The DLNA server is Serviio

Many thanks I thought that would be the case but wanted to confirm. I’ve just kicked off a rescan on the server. It’s MS server 2018 running on a HP microserver. The DLNA server is Serviio
From memory Serviio does have the option to keep the library updated so it might be worth checking the configuration, but every selection in the WiiM app (and all true UPnP control points) is fed from the server in real time so it can't be an app issue.

Back