Home Music Share m3u playlists play out of sequence

Slosh

I've had a Pro for about a year now and not very long ago picked up a Mini for another room. I use these exclusively to play back my local FLAC library. Recently they started playing my m3u playlists alpha-numerically (all the songs with file names of 01 xxx.flac, 02 xxx.flac, and so on.) whereas they used to play in proper sequence. It doesn't matter which DNLA server I use (MediaMonkey, foobar2000, or Jellyfin).

All of the computers on my network play these back in the sequence I created them in regardless of what software I'm using to do so. Whole albums play in proper sequence but I'd think that's a given based on my naming scheme.

To get around this I've been using the Jellyfin iOS app and casting to the WiiMs (which remains bit-perfect and gapless) but I'd much rather use the native WiiM home app again.

I've had a Pro for about a year now and not very long ago picked up a Mini for another room. I use these exclusively to play back my local FLAC library. Recently they started playing my m3u playlists alpha-numerically (all the songs with file names of 01 xxx.flac, 02 xxx.flac, and so on.) whereas they used to play in proper sequence. It doesn't matter which DNLA server I use (MediaMonkey, foobar2000, or Jellyfin).
Do they appear out of order when you select/load the m3u playlist, or just during playback.
I selected a couple of playlists I have saved in MinimServer and they played back in the correct order, as did the playlists I saved in the WiiM Home App.

Do you have an Android device to test with as the Android app - in my limited testing - seemed fine.

No Android device to try. Here's a screenshot of what I'm getting in the WiiM app on iOS and how it is on my computer.Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 12.53.58 PM.jpegScreenshot_2024-03-08_12-58-22.png

Do you have Sort Order set to Default? I assume that's the button next to the Play/Pause button (it's different on Android).

Yes, it's not set on random playback.

I guess this is a bug caused from a more recent iOS update as the WiiMs used to play back my playlists in order.

Yes, it's not set on random playback.

I guess this is a bug caused from a more recent iOS update as the WiiMs used to play back my playlists in order.
Random playback is different. There should be a Sort By setting with the values: Default, Title and Track Number.

On Android, random playback is only available on the now playing screen, whereas Sort By is available on the track listing screen.

You're right. Somehow it got set to track number instead of default.

Thanks for the help!

Back