Few questions for Wiim Pro

OzSteve

Hi all,

Just received my Wiim Pro to use within my headphone system. I wanted to know the following:

How many pro's can you have on the same network?
Are there any plans to have all outputs to be used simultaneously (via firmware update?)

I have a few headphone amps and would love to see both COAX and Optical being active so I can have both playing

Thanks

Not aware of any limit - I have three, for example.

Haven’t seen any plans to have multiple digital outputs active at the same time.

Haven’t seen any plans to have multiple digital outputs active at the same time.
Thought I read something about this recently, and not just people asking for it.
Or maybe it was analog and a digital active at the same time?
Or maybe I'm just imagining things.

There was a comment that WiiM engineers may be looking into activating the analogue output at the same time as a digital output, perhaps to satisfy the request to drive a sub as well as an amp/DAC. Haven’t heard anything about how far that has gone

There was a comment that WiiM engineers may be looking into activating the analogue output at the same time as a digital output, perhaps to satisfy the request to drive a sub as well as an amp/DAC. Haven’t heard anything about how far that has gone

It would be nice if that mode was an option. If digital out is used, some may prefer analog line out to be off.

It would be nice if that mode was an option. If digital out is used, some may prefer analog line out to be off.

I agree. As someone who wants the outputs active simultaneously (so that I can use digital out to my active DSP bookshelves AND analog out to a powered analog subwoofer), I would like to be able to select the analogue line out ON/OFF. An objection I have to the Bluesound Node is that the sub out is ALWAYS on. This has lead to a few mishaps when I went from variable to fixed (full) volume output :eek:. Another advantage of being able to turn this on and off is that it would aid in setting up and integrating the sub by ear.

Last edited:
Back