Questions on inbuilt latency for review

13thnote

I’m doing a review on the pro plus on my YouTube channel 13th note. I tried to get some questions answered on email but haven’t got a reply. Is it possible to speak to someone or have a direct contact email of someone who can help with technical questions for my review. Thank you Simon

Maybe just ask your questions here? There is a chance that someone will be able to answer.

Sonos uses mesh networks and bluesound wifi I understand for latency synching especially in party mode linking of devices. I wonder why WiiM took the decision to use a mic rather than do the job via mesh or wifi. That’s what the purpose of audio latency must be for. No derogatory angle at all, purely as an interest point - just thinking this makes the WiiM different against the competition. And nobody is listening in as WiiM made clear in another post on this as I saw. :)

Is the WiiM device not just using the mic to measure latency automatically as well as allowing you to enter the value manually, then using that value when actually synching?

Back