Firmware Update - how does it.....

allucinox

Just thinking on:

how does it work? How is WiiM "delivering" the firmware to all clients globally?
First the US market, Canada and South America, Europe etc ?

Only trying to understand..nothing special :)

really? i tought it was a bird.....

No, I know it's getting thru the Internet, but on WiiMs side...that's what's interesting to me....

More precisely it's likely to be TCP/IP rather than simply the internet. If you wanted a distant friend to (reliably) keep in touch how would you do it? You can probably think of a few ways?
This is hopelessly simplistic but you might imagine that your Wiim is asking for food, like a hungry bird, on a regular basis.

Just thinking on:

how does it work? How is WiiM "delivering" the firmware to all clients globally?
First the US market, Canada and South America, Europe etc ?

Only trying to understand..nothing special :)
It’s a gradual rollout over entire estate and I’m not aware of any particular pattern

How long does it take WiiM to roll out an update to the entire population of devices?

So should my WiiM Pro Plus have 4.8.540047 by now? I ask because I am not sure if my device has issues. I went to use it yesterday after not using it for a week and I could not get it to work. I wound up going through a series of troubleshooting steps to verify everything else was working fine, and then after I reconnected everything it started functioning again. This is not the time this has happened to me.

Back