For Music Shares : Allow Genre and Year Grouping to then Generate Random Genre/Year Playlists

I made the request today through support also: it is really helpful to have "Genre". On WiiM Amp this is already in the Music Shares, but not in the attached USB drive. My request is for the USB drive.
In the ideal situation I should like to select a Genre and hit shuffle play. So it will play several artists in that Genre.
Because the artists and their CD's are in subdirectories this is not yet possible, not in any share: USB, DLNA, LMS, etc.
As I see it the capability should be something called folder play for Genre.

Last edited:
Yes: playlist generation would be very nice, however playlist requires maintenance and careful music management.
I have not found out how to find, manage and backup playlists in th WiiM Amp. I cannot even delete an old playlist.

Simply playing a directory or Genre would serve me well. (I updated my previous post).

Yes: playlist generation would be very nice, however playlist requires maintenance and careful music management.
I have not found out how to find, manage and backup playlists in th WiiM Amp. I cannot even delete an old playlist.

Simply playing a directory or Genre would serve me well. (I updated my previous post).
If you're on Android you might want to consider using BubbleUPnP as the controller, at least until the WiiM app has the features you require.
I don't know of many control points on iOS and none that have the features you've requested.

Back