"Play" option for album listings

rjcrum

This discussion started in a different forum, but resubmitting here as an enhancement request. I use Asset UPnP on a Synology NAS for my music library, and this request related to that browsing experience.

Here's what I'm trying to do. When browsing my music library, I frequently want to listen to all albums by a particular artist, or since Asset UPnP can return a list of albums in a genre, or by artist, I'd like to play that whole list of albums. In addition, I would like to have the albums play in a random order--shuffle play, if you will.

But as I see it right now, when presented with a list of albums (by artist...genre...random list) I see no way to simply "play" that list of albums, nor do I see a way to add the list of albums to the current queue, which would also solve the problem. What I was expecting was a big green "play" button that you get in the app when presented with a list of tracks.

I was told by others in the original discussion that Bubble UPnP offers this functionality, but it only runs on Android, and I'm in the Apple world.

Below is an image of a listing of the tracks in an album (all my classical works are considered "albums"), with a big green "play" button. Hit the button...and it plays the album. Simple.

20230227_001448000_iOS.png

I'd like to see that same "play" button for a list of albums, like these two examples. In the first one, I'd like a "play" button to play all these works by Balakierev.
1677460332053.png

In this second one, I'd like to play these albums, which have been randomly selected by Asset.
1677460542935.png

I'm migrating from a 19-year old Turtle Beach Audiotron, which had the ability to navigate to a particular artist, and then I could hit "play" and it would play all albums by that artist.

So, simply put, for any listing of albums, just give me either a big green "Play" button, or a three-dot function of "Add to playlist" or "Add to queue."

Back