Gapless mode (setNextURI) issues for UPnP interface

Feedback sent.
Hi simbun,

Thanks. You got the wrong file name extension which causes the problem. 'http://IP:9001/music/2677/download.flc

flc is not in our supported file extension. FYI,

FLC, used to store animation files. It is similar to animated GIF. The FLIC animation format was originally developed by Autodesk for use with Autodesk Animator (FLI) and Autodesk Animator Pro (FLC).

@simbun - where did you find that URL ?

The bridge logs suggest to me that the playable link is usually in the format "../bridge-61.flac HTTP/1.1"

EDIT
Or are you getting that from LMS's UPnP "interface" ?

@simbun - where did you find that URL ?

The bridge logs suggest to me that the playable link is usually in the format "../bridge-61.flac HTTP/1.1"

EDIT
Or are you getting that from LMS's UPnP "interface" ?
I was trying to use BubbleUPnP with LMS to see if the seeking worked there, but nothing did :)

EDIT: Didn't really answer your first question...from BubbleUPnP, Show Metadata on the Now Playing screen.

That
I was trying to use BubbleUPnP with LMS to see if the seeking worked there, but nothing did :)
That is the "UPnP/DLNA Media Interface" then.
Development wise it hasn't had any work for maybe 10 years.

I have seen both ALAC and FLAC files with .alc and .flc extensions respectively which I think were the alternate norm years ago.

That is the "UPnP/DLNA Media Interface" then.
Development wise it hasn't had any work for maybe 10 years.
The plugin system needs a revamp/cleanup as there's no way of knowing that. There's a lot of trust put into third party code too, although it's no different to foobar2000 I suppose and I use that.

So probably not an issue then.

The plugin system needs a revamp/cleanup as there's no way of knowing that. There's a lot of trust put into third party code too, although it's no different to foobar2000 I suppose and I use that.

So probably not an issue then.
IIRC the guy who wrote it was a Logitech employee. They had the idea that it could be an all singing "media" server and added that plugin predominantly to allow streaming of video but then things changed. I don't think it is the only server to present .flc files though.

What most LMS people actually do is run LMS purely for music (obviously) but have a UPnP server for video (and optionally music which uses the same file store). In my case I have everything file wise in one place (NAS) and 2 x LMS servers both using the same files via NFS plus 1 x Plex also using the same music files and a second store for video. The NAS is backed up to another on-site NAS but also synced via site-to-site VPN to another offsite NAS where I also have an LMS (but no Plex). Where I am now (at alternate offsite location) I can listen to everything in my library but my WiiM Mini isn't here, its in my main office.

As far as the beta firmware with LMS UPnP/DLNA Bridge 2.2.1 goes I think we can say that it now "works" as far as it is going to. The areas where it doesn't are edge cases. I'd still like to see a native squeezelite client though as although it "works" the Bridge is ultra fiddly to set up and beyond a lot of people's comprehension. A native plug and play device would open the WiiM up to the real LMS market which is crying out for such a thing.

WiiM Mini firmware 4.6.517037 - LMS UPnP/DLNA Bridge v2.2.2

Playing local FLAC and Qobuz. Gapless seems to still be working in passthrough mode.

With latest firmware update : problem seems to be solved here.

Someone can confirm ?

Thanks to the devs !!!

Back