Gapless mode (setNextURI) issues for UPnP interface

Can you try to mix wavs and flacs in the same playlist if you didn't test that yet?
Kbps is always 524 kbps in my case for flacs.
Also 524 kbps but I had put that down to Speak to Me being very quiet! Probably an arbitrary number from Philippe then.

Unfortunately I have no WAVs in my collection. 98% FLAC with a few mp3's and m4a's.

Are you seeing issues with FLAC/WAV mix?

I have just moved on to Radio Paradise and the metadata update is very slow.

Also 524 kbps but I had put that down to Speak to Me being very quiet! Probably an arbitrary number from Philippe then.

Unfortunately I have no WAVs in my collection. 98% FLAC with a few mp3's and m4a's.

Are you seeing issues with FLAC/WAV mix?

I have just moved on to Radio Paradise and the metadata update is very slow.
No, 524 comes from the WiiM as a result of content analysis.
I can see issues with flacs mixed with wavs, it breaks the gapless playback as my flacs are being recognized as 32 bit by ffmpeg library probably. Wavs are 24 bits.
The content is the same in fact, 24 bit.
Can you convert any 24 bit content to flac and wav and verify what happens?

I can see issues with flacs mixed with wavs, it breaks the gapless playback as my flacs are being recognized as 32 bit by ffmpeg library probably. Wavs are 24 bits.
The content is the same in fact, 24 bit.
Can you convert any 24 bit content to flac and wav and verify what happens?
I could easily do that but I don't really have much local 24bit stuff that could be suitable - short tracks etc.
That said I have just taken delivery of a new Audio Interface for needledrop purposes which is 24/192 capable. I'll set it up tonight and needledrop something that I can split / convert accordingly.

Can you try with these files? And optionally convert the provided wav to the flac using your tools, and test it as well?

These files are not pleasant to listen to.

Attachments

• _Test_.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
I converted the WAV to My Flac and Mp3 and played the 4 tracks in the order My Flac, Mp3, WAV and Your Flac. Gapless does not work
MP3 files usually are not gapless due to the padding inside which requires additional processing. Lack of the gapless transition for other cases would indicate the same issue as mine. Can you please remove mp3 and leave the others without changing the order, and play it looped? Only transitioning between flacs should be gapless if I'm correct.

I converted the WAV to My Flac and Mp3 and played the 4 tracks in the order My Flac, Mp3, WAV and Your Flac. Gapless does not work
The audio files have different bit depths as 24-bit and 32-bit, although the sample rate is the same. It breaks gapless playback. If there's another streamer that can support it, please let us know, and we'll take a look. Thank you!

I've just converted a 16/44 gapless album to 24bit, and then onto WAV.
I then played 16FLAC, 16WAV, 16Mix, 24FLAC, 24WAV and 24Mix and everything plays gaplessly except the 24 bit Mix as discussed.

The audio files have different bit depths as 24-bit and 32-bit, although the sample rate is the same. It breaks gapless playback. If there's another streamer that can support it, please let us know, and we'll take a look. Thank you!
Both files have the same content as flac has been converted from the wav. It's an ffmpeg library issue probably that flacs are converted internally to 32 bit depth. Ffprobe tells "s32 (24 bit)" for my flac.

Anyway even if the content is mixed with 32 bit and 24 bit it shouldn't break the gapless transition as the pcm stream sent over spdif has the same 24 bit depth due to the spdif limitations.

Anyway even if the content is mixed with 32 bit and 24 bit it shouldn't break the gapless transition as the pcm stream sent over spdif has the same 24 bit depth due to the spdif limitations.
No, the ALSA lib of Linux (used in the WiiM Mini and Pro) handles the 24-bit and 32-bit differently. It needs to reset, although the optical signal is up to 24-bit. I hope it clarifies.

No, the ALSA lib of Linux (used in the WiiM Mini and Pro) handles the 24-bit and 32-bit differently. It needs to reset, although the optical signal is up to 24-bit. I hope it clarifies.
So that's the alsa issue if it's true. Especially for cases when the content is in fact the same.
Or maybe it's an mplayer issue which is probably used in WiiMs and, maybe, handles alsa wrong way.

Ah. I have often wondered what Linux audio system was in use. Now you have confirmed it is Alsa that should make incorporating squeezelite into the firmware really easy!

Playing local 16/44.1 FLACs
If I set Transcode = none then I see 524 kbps
If I set Transcode = pcm then I see 1411 kbps for all tracks
If I set Transcode = flac then it is 524 kbps again

@onlyoneme are you sure that the WiiM app is doing some kind of content analysis?

Playing local 16/44.1 FLACs
If I set Transcode = none then I see 524 kbps
If I set Transcode = pcm then I see 1411 kbps for all tracks
If I set Transcode = flac then it is 524 kbps again

@onlyoneme are you sure that the WiiM app is doing some kind of content analysis?
No app, it's WiiM itself. For pcm taken from wav file it works as expected but it's broken for compressed flac content.

No app, it's WiiM itself. For pcm taken from wav file it works as expected but it's broken for compressed flac content.
I had a silly feedback response on the subject telling me I have a lot of files at the same 524 kbps! Made me wonder if the Bridge was indeed doing something.

EDIT.
My system just threw an M4A into the mix. There is no kbps display at all in the app for this - it is hidden.

Back