got HELP!

Hollywood

Major Contributor
I want to take a minute to thank @d6jg for all of the help he provided me. I bought into the WiiM system and have 6 stereos or stations around the house. Having your entire music library available with an easy search is a BIG deal. I read about Roon and some internet services that provide info, lyrics, and such, but I didn't know exactly what they were or how to use them.

@d6jg knows of Logitech Media Server and an app Material Skin. This was all new to me and there were a lot of terms I didn't understand. I attempted to put LMS on my Windows computer as he suggested, and had a lot of problems, but @d6jg hung in there with me answering all of my questions in a way I could understand.

I eventually got to the point everything was working and I ordered the parts to build a small RaspberryPi device to be a dedicated LMS server (yea, I know server is redundant).

While in the car, I want to listen to stuff I know for the short drives, but I am working on a big project around the house and am choosing less listened to music that I can play out and am really enjoying the different stuff while working.

Anyway, @d6jg provided a lot of easy to understand knowledge, and @Brantome gave a lot of support. A few other comments also helped or gave me something to think about.

Thank you! Your help is appreciated!

Back