Help!

Old and in the way

We are the new owners of the Pro Plus and this is the first time I ve ever posted on a forum, so excuse me if I m clumsy. My wife and I are putting together a portable system to take with us to a boat, to a work shop/garage outside our home and an office in the house. We would like to have the most straightforward and simplest setup that gives us the best sound resolution for streaming Qobuz. Would rather use ether net cables and rca cords than blue tooth.

We read on your forum the set up:
1. Connect wiim to amp with rca cables
2. Install wiim app on phone/perform setup
3. Open qobuz app/click speaker icon for play music

That I can do. But I m still confused with all the talk of Chromecast, bubble up, Bluetooth, android or not, etc. So I’m going to write down a list of all the pieces in the puzzle. In the hopes that you kind folks might be able to put this old fart on the right track.

Portable stereo doe streaming qobuz.
-wiim pro plus
-nad d3020 v2 amp
-psb alpha b1 speakers
-psb sub series 1 subwoofer
-Motorola 1 5g ace phone
-android version 11
-hotspot Wi-Fi from verizon
-unlimited cellular data from verizon
-wiim home app downloaded on phone/have not tried it
-qobuz studio subscription/have not tired it, on a 30 day trial
-with all cables to connect, including ether net from phone to pro plus

We understand the stereo setup and will be plugging in a portable CD player and turntable at times. It s just about the best way to connect between the Pro Plus and qobuz, using the android/verizon phone and I won’t ask about the any day now (ha, ha) qobuz connect…yet! Sorry to be so windy.

Old and In The Way

Basically until we get Qobuz Connect, the easiest way is to ignore the Qobuz app and use the Qobuz pages within the WiiM Home app.

From the Qobuz entry on the Browse page in the WiiM Home app (if you don't see it click on manage services, and toggle it on), then provide your Qobuz login credentials. Next thing to do is choose the three bar 'hamburger' icon and from the resulting menu choose Streaming and set your streaming quality to 24/192. Then choose what you want to play from the Qobuz screen...

Simplest way: Use Chromecast to connect your Android-Phone to the WiiM Pro+.
Your WiiM needs also a connection to the internet, either via ethernet or wifi.

Wow! Great replies that even I can understand! I ve been watching this forum and knew I d be getting answers, but wasn’t expecting this quick response. Thank you! We ll be putting this together tonight and will report back our findings. Woo hoo!

Back