Harmony Logitech

piloux59

Bonjour, serait-il possible d'ajouter des codes bluetooth sur les télécommandes Logitech Harmony ? Ce serait super pratique pour les possesseurs de ces télécommandes.

I submitted a ticket to WiiM a few days ago and got this response which to me suggests they’re not sure about how to go about submitting their device and its remote details to Logitech for inclusion in the harmony database. They seem to suggest supporting other remotes which isn’t how I’d express compatibility with Logitech Harmony…

”It seems these remotes are based on the same protocol. We can support other remote to control WiiM. Now we want to make the remote work with our device best first and then we will discard this limitation in the future.”

I submitted a ticket to WiiM a few days ago and got this response which to me suggests they’re not sure about how to go about submitting their device and its remote details to Logitech for inclusion in the harmony database. They seem to suggest supporting other remotes which isn’t how I’d express compatibility with Logitech Harmony…

”It seems these remotes are based on the same protocol. We can support other remote to control WiiM. Now we want to make the remote work with our device best first and then we will discard this limitation in the future.”
I’m wondering whether Logitech is continuing to update their Harmony database since they have (to my knowledge) ceased manufacturing Harmony remotes.

They’ve certainly stopped manufacturing but haven’t said anything about stopping support, so I think there’s very chance they’re still accepting input

Hoping we get Logitech Harmony support in the near future (as this remote is Bluetooth, Harmony would need to handle it as such with their hub remotes). The WiiM Voice Remote is nice, but no backlit buttons like my Harmony … plus, my table is filling up again with too many remotes! :)

Although the last economical developments from Logitech seemed to be a little bit better than months before I remain sceptic if their goals are really with Squeezebox and Harmony. Quite sure board and shareholders have other sectors in crossfade first. Cross fingers for all users but its still hard to believe for me.

Logitech are a bit unusual. They stopped manufacturing Squeezebox products ages ago but still support the product range by maintaining mySqueezebox.com and paying for the forum hosting. Not many companies would do this. They also opened the code to LMS and made it open source.
I don’t have a Harmony but it would surprise me if they weren’t still accepting new profiles to their database.

Edit
The chief LMS developer is still a Logitech employee.

I don’t have a Harmony but it would surprise me if they weren’t still accepting new profiles to their database.
I believe they are - I might ask WiiM again. The first time I did I think they slightly misinterpreted what I was asking for - it wasn't for them to change their remote to work with or control the harmony hub, but for WiiM to liaise with Harmony to provide them with details of the WiiM remote to include it in their database in much the same way as Amazon have done for their fire tv bluetooth remotes.

Harmony does still add new devices which is great. I don’t expect this to end anytime soon :)

My intention was only meant to show my skepticism. On a German website a "statement" from Logitech was published. Made by a chatbot 😉
It reads that they have still so much accounts for the Harmony they do not want to disappoint.
As I wrote, I keep fingers crossed for you users. But my belief that a company which wishes "not to disappoint" customers is on the trail backwards. Especially Logitech, but also others of course, developed a "culture of promises". Keep people quiet as long as possible. It will be less every minute. At the end of the day we do what we need for reaching OUR goals. If this will be keeping the things alive, good for the users. But...

Last edited:
To the WiiM gods, please make this remote control integration happened, it can’t be very complex. I absolutely love both of my Wiim’s and I can’t live without my Harmony remote's… connect with the guys at Logitech please make my dream come true 🙏

I thought WiiM had to contact Logitech to present their case? I’m happy to email them but can’t see it making a difference.. fingers crossed though.
Is that not what was being suggested that WiiM need to contact Logitech? WiiM would need to reveal how their remote works, but given it looks like a variation of a fire tv remote, I would hope it would be straightforward for Logitech to support it.

The Logitech App recognizes it as a Digital Music Server, but as I posted only as Mini.
1697906076831.png

However I have no success with the Learning process via the IR method.

🤔 Interestingly, WiiM is announcing WiiM Remote updates next week … so maybe this is one of them?! 😊 Maybe this is an early Halloween treat for us all 🎃

🤔 Interestingly, WiiM is announcing WiiM Remote updates next week … so maybe this is one of them?! 😊 Maybe this is an early Halloween treat for us all 🎃
I guess if they’ve submitted their remote details to Logitech in much the same way as Amazon submitted fire tv remotes which have more than a passing resemblance.

Back