Home music share not showing all music

Mr Ee

Major Contributor
Hi all,

When I choose Home Music Share from within Wiim Home app I don't see all the music that I know is on my nas.
Everything seems to be missing from partway through "S", alphabetically, even "Browse Folders" doesn't show folders after S.
I do see all the music / files when browsing from a Bluesound Node, but I think that performs its own indexing and doesn't use the media server part of my share.

It's quite possible this is not a wiim issue, as I get the same issue browsing from a Heos Link, leading me to think it's more ikely an issue with the not so great default modem, and its inbuilt media server, my internet provider supplied, as the HDD is just plugged into that.
Wondering if I've hit a limit, such as 10,000 files, which would put me somewhere within S.
Having said that, I would expect functionality called Browse Folders to actually do that...

Suggestions?
Maybe buy a 'proper' NAS...?

"Wondering if I've hit a limit, such as 10,000 files, which would put me somewhere within S."

Yeah, windows explorer 'properties' for all folders A-S shows a bit over 10,000 files, so I reckon 10,000 puts me inthe early S area, and that's where it stops.

"Wondering if I've hit a limit, such as 10,000 files, which would put me somewhere within S."

Yeah, windows explorer 'properties' for all folders A-S shows a bit over 10,000 files, so I reckon 10,000 puts me inthe early S area, and that's where it stops.
I have 10000 folders? 😱

I'm not entirely sure what your reply means!
If you think I have 10,000 folders, no...
Over 10,000 files within my folders, yes.
1,000 CDs with 10 tracks per CD is 10,000 files right there, so very easty to go over 10,000 files when you're as old as I am and been buying CDs for 30+ years.
Maybe I'm antiquated, but I have a folder per artist, sub folder per album etc., so 10,000 files puts me within the "S" artists, and that's all the Wiim sees; probably as a result of an arbitrary limit in the media server.

Fired up Kodi on an old laptop - the Scorpions have made a Comeblack!
Everything now visible in the Wiim app, from Kodi.

Bubbleupnp also only showed up to S using my modem's nas, but shows everything from Kodi too.
Looks like I'll be getting a proper nas this Black Friday....

Wiim team - would be nice to have a sidebar scroll, with letters, to make it fast & easy to scroll through such long lists, a la bubble...
Although, I guess I could just use Bubble with the Wiim as the renderer.

Fired up Kodi on an old laptop - the Scorpions have made a Comeblack!
Everything now visible in the Wiim app, from Kodi.

Bubbleupnp also only showed up to S using my modem's nas, but shows everything from Kodi too.
Looks like I'll be getting a proper nas this Black Friday....

Wiim team - would be nice to have a sidebar scroll, with letters, to make it fast & easy to scroll through such long lists, a la bubble...
Although, I guess I could just use Bubble with the Wiim as the renderer.
Or just change your media server application on the NAS if possible.

Did you refresh the page on wiim app when you on S letter, refresh with finger but in opposite direction, scroll up.

"Or just change your media server application on the NAS if possible."
Not possible.
New nas on its way... :) Any excuse for a new toy...

"Did you refresh the page on wiim app when you on S letter, refresh with finger but in opposite direction, scroll up."
Yes, and as multiple apps don't show past S, and I have seen a mention elsewhere on the internet of a 10,000 file limit someone else hit on their modem provider's media server, and when I use Kodi everything is shown, I'm sure the issue is with my modem, not with Wiim.

For anyone who cares, new NAS up and running, and I can now see all my music via both Wiim app and Bubble.
Nowhere near as simple as just plugging an hdd into my modem though - took me hours of fiddling and googling to finally get it working.

For anyone who cares, new NAS up and running, and I can now see all my music via both Wiim app and Bubble.
Nowhere near as simple as just plugging an hdd into my modem though - took me hours of fiddling and googling to finally get it working.
I'm glad you got a new toy ;)

Hello, is there somebody here? Im having the same problem, and i would like to understand why you think the problemis in the nas. Iamusing a usb hd connected tomy router as a nas. Using other app i can see and play everything, router see all my folders, but wiimi not.it stops at J letter. If the fault were the nas, other apps would see the same,isnt it?

Im having the same problem, and i would like to understand why you think the problemis in the nas.
The OP stated multiple times that it wasn't just the WiiM app that was showing the subset, but HEOS and BubbleUPnP too.

Everything seems to be missing from partway through "S", alphabetically, even "Browse Folders" doesn't show folders after S.

It's quite possible this is not a wiim issue, as I get the same issue browsing from a Heos Link, leading me to think it's more ikely an issue with the not so great default modem, and its inbuilt media server, my internet provider supplied, as the HDD is just plugged into that.

On every browse request (from an index) the WiiM app requests a maximum of 2000 items at a time, I assume the index you're scrolling through hasn't reached that limit?
What media server are you using, what index are you browsing and what control point is displaying the entire list?

Back