Home music share search

nightrhyme

Hi

Wiim app really need the ability to search "Home music share". And its definitely possible as IOS Mconnect app can do this.

Hope this feature is implemented soon.

Thank you in advance

the best implementation I've seen is in MinimServer (the paid version) as it allows the user to define the threshold above which the alphabetical grouping will be displayed, on a per tag/index basis. I find this invaluable because if I were viewing the Album index without having made any previous selections (viewing ALL albums) then I'd definitely want the alphabetical grouping, but if I've already chosen an AlbumArtist then I want to see all their albums in chronological order
I can get oh so close to this using minimserver free and bubbleupnp.
e.g. album view can give a letter 'popup', for want of a better word, when dragging the scrollbar for some sort options.
Using Artist view then chosing an artist then choosing albums can be sorted by year.
The little frustration is that the sort options don't seem to be 'sticky' per view. Moving between the different screens seems to sometimes pick up an option chosen in a different screen, and sometimes not. I've not worked out a pattern yet.
However, it's only a couple of screen taps to sort each screen as I want, so... the free version of minimserver works well enough for me!

You are right. I just installed the MinimServer basic version. It is very nice indeed. Thank you so much for recommending it. I will consider getting the paid version.
Make sure you use the trial of the full version first to see if it's worth it to you, but I've been using it for more than 10 years so can attest to its robustness and value.
There is a LOT of great documentation, but I've seen new users get put off from its very basic configuration editor, so if you feel a little overwhelmed ask for help on the forum as the author is very responsive, as are other members - I'll keep an eye out for you :)

I can get oh so close to this using minimserver free and bubbleupnp.
e.g. album view can give a letter 'popup', for want of a better word, when dragging the scrollbar for some sort options.
The OP was asking for such functionality through the WiiM app, my suggestion was aimed at delivering that, but you're right, control points (including mconnect that was the OP's current control point of choice) can offer this functionality.

Using Artist view then chosing an artist then choosing albums can be sorted by year.
Again you're right, but rather than just be sorted by year I'd like the Album name to be prefixed with the original release year (and more), so I use the Album.displayFormat:
Code:
Album.displayFormat={$OriginalDate^^ - ^$Album^^^$Boxtitle^ (from the boxset '^')^$Release^ (^)^$RemasterDate^ [^ Remaster]^}
Which for a remaster in a boxset looks something like:
1963 - With The Beatles (from the boxset 'The Beatles In Mono') [2009 Remaster]

The little frustration is that the sort options don't seem to be 'sticky' per view. Moving between the different screens seems to sometimes pick up an option chosen in a different screen, and sometimes not. I've not worked out a pattern yet.
I've just had a quick look, and the only items you can sort in BubbleUPnP are tracks (outside of an album) and albums (everything else in an index which is alphabetical - at least with the free version of MinimServer), and as far as I know if you change the sort order it sticks for at least that session.
the free version of minimserver works well enough for me!
I'd imagine the free version is enough for 90% of people, it's really for those that have extensive tags or want to tailor the experience and it's amazing what can be achieved. I'm not going to hard sell, but if you wanted to know what's possible I can attach a few pics if desired.

I'm usually too lazy to even fire up bubble if I'm already in a streaming app, so unless I specifically want to listen to something the services don't have, I just play "my" stuff from the services as I've usually already got them saved as favourites.

I use Conceiva Mezzmo Pro Streaming server from a Win10 PC. WiiM cannot search the Home Music Share, which is a dissapointment.

I use Conceiva Mezzmo Pro Streaming server from a Win10 PC. WiiM cannot search the Home Music Share, which is a dissapointment.
Can‘t you stream from the Windows PC (or the server’s web interface) using your WiiM device as a upnp player? If a feature isn’t available in the WiiM Home app, or if your server doesn’t appear to support UpNP search as others do, then it’s often possible to use teh WiiM device as a player rather than using the WiiM app as a control point.

Edit: can you use another client app like BubbleUPNP on android or mConnect on ios to search on Mezzmo?

Last edited:
You should also submit a ticket to WiiM thru the WiiM Home app settings/ feedback section when you hit the problem so WiiM can examine your device logs for clues as to why Mezzmo doesn’t seem to accept search requests from WiiM as other UPNP/DLNA servers do.

Back