Home Music Share cant find my Intel NUC

auronthas

Hi, I am newbie to this forum and just received my Plus. I have setup Plus with ethernet connection. Tidal, Spotify, radio station is playable without issue.

However, when I am using android phone to search for Home Music Share, Plus could not find my Intel NUC which is sit on the similar IP subnet 192.168.1.xxx...

When I used my iPad Wiim Home app to do the same, it can only find my another streamer CA CXN v2 but not Intel NUC.

Need your help how to find this Intel NUC , can I add manually configure with Intele NUC's IP Address that I know ?

My external SSD (local music library) is connected to this Intel NUC which also serve as my ROON ROCK.

Hope to receive your assistance and guidance. thanks.

WiiM doesn't yet support Samba shares, so you'll need to have some sort of DLNA/UPNP server software running on your NUC for it to be seen by your WiiM device/app
Thanks for reply. Brantome.. In that case, my NUC is Linux OS, I don't think theres DLNA/UPNP server software.... then I need to wait Plus Roon Ready ?

Can't you use the Plus as a ChromeCast or Airplay endpoint for Roon in the meantime?
Yes I can see WiiM Pro from the casting audio setup, but the audio quality may not be as good as direct stream.

Do you mean from android phone using UPNP search for my NUC's music library then use Plus cast endpoint to Roon?

Yes I can see WiiM Pro from the casting audio setup, but the audio quality may not be as good as direct stream.

Do you mean from android phone using UPNP search for my NUC's music library then use Plus cast endpoint to Roon?
Your NUC's music library would need to be a UPNP server for you to see it, and I'm afraid I don't know enough about Roon to comment on the second part

ROON ROCK
"It can not run additional software, nor does it support any customizations or modifications to the operating system"

So it doesn't look like you can install any other servers on there (at least in a supported way).

So it looks like the options are:
Use the Chromecast interface (or Airplay) on the Pro from Roon.
Install a UPnP server on another machine as it looks like the ROCK exposes the library over smb.

Last edited:
It shouldn't be too long before the Pro Plus is Roon Ready so I'd just use Chromecast or Airplay until its certified and available.

And someone will corect me if I'm wrong, which is quite likely as I know next to nothing about Roon, but I thought it did 192 over chromecast?
Or was it just gapless over chromecast?
As for "the audio quality may not be as good as direct stream", without getting into the sample rate debate, how much high sample rate music do you have on the nuc?

And someone will corect me if I'm wrong, which is quite likely as I know next to nothing about Roon, but I thought it did 192 over chromecast?
Or was it just gapless over chromecast?
As for "the audio quality may not be as good as direct stream", without getting into the sample rate debate, how much high sample rate music do you have on the nuc?
I have various music sample from RED book 16-bit 44.khz to DSD 2.82Mhz stored in my external SSD. Meantime my streamer CXN v2 able to pick up this music library from Roon.

The spec (and various searches) doesn't state that it can read smb shares, so I wonder if it is reading from roon itself!

Is it just folder navigation?

Sorry, it was in reference to the CXN V2 streamer.
I know almost nothing about Roon but assumed it was only one way communication to renderers.

Last edited:
Sorry, it was in reference to the CXN V2 streamer.
I know almost nothing about Roon but assumed it was only one way communication to renderers.
I would say it's not streamer who read the folder but Roon via its ROCK read my external SSD - as attached screenshot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230830_070354_Roon.jpg
    Screenshot_20230830_070354_Roon.jpg
    292 KB · Views: 7
I would say it's not streamer who read the folder but Roon via its ROCK read my external SSD - as attached screenshot.
Yes I understand that the CXN can't read smb shares, but you said
Meantime my streamer CXN v2 able to pick up this music library from Roon.
Did you mean that you can access the Roon database FROM the CXN (or its app), or just that you can send music to the CXN from Roon?

Yes I understand that the CXN can't read smb shares, but you said

Did you mean that you can access the Roon database FROM the CXN (or its app), or just that you can send music to the CXN from Roon?
from CXN apps, I can't search for server... I believe the music file folder is from Roon. Thus both streamers can't detect music server... only by Roon

I further read WiiM Pro Plus specs that their Chromecast is on Bluetooth 5.1 which can transmit lossless 24-bit 192kHz music files, is that correct?

Back